Anyone here bought 2001 S3 (T80CAR) recently?

No, sorry. On that note anyone bought a Azure Blue W617 DAC?

Didn't buy it, it had gone by the time I got there, any particular reason?

Jester,

You're looking at Azure Blue W617 DAC!! (Probably slightly different since you saw it!)

What a coincidence!

Except now she's S3 D**

Now on her 64k th mile and running real nice!

Dan

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

No Way!!!!!!!! I thought I would never see her again and god she does look different! I loved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif that car man, the colour is the best, the silver interior finishes it off as well, and I named her Excalibur (sad I know but hey I name all my cars), did 45K in her and looked after her from new. It was a company car, but she was very well looked after, has been polished in Meguairs, regularlly checked by me for the basics, always went through servicing like a dream and ran beautifully with NO issues whatsoever.

It was sold back to my dealer Ridgeway Newbury but came from Listers in Coventry, how much did you get it for If I could ask and what was the mileage of it when you got her.

I like what you done with her (sweet as f**k alloys), still not sure about the ali mirrors on her, as I debated getting that as an option, still I bet the H/S, A/R and 6CD are still going well.

The only way to be sure if it is: When I had it, some gits decided to take the badges off, so if you have a small scratch at the back where the 4 rings should be (if it's still debadged) and a small screwdriver nick at the front where the rings are, in the left top corner, then it is definitly Excalibur.

Man this is like s3reunited.co.uk or something!

Good work audi-sport.net

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She's still running well now, apart from a couple of problems mainly due to my Audi dealer being a bunch of nuggets!

I bought her for £15,600 with 54k on the clock from a guy who bought her from Rideway Audi. I don't think he looked after her as much as you did as she's got a few surface scratches which looks as if she's been through a few car washes!

6CD??? Someone had abviously pinched that! Had to buy one when I purchased the car.

Still debadged at the back (no rings) which I think looks a lot better!

Here's a bigger photo for you....

Cheers for the pic.

Yeah have to say I do prefer the debadged look, done that to my new S3.

I was always afraid that she was going to a bad home, but now I know she's alright I can sleep better. I see from the sig that you AMDed it, fair shout, wish I bought it to do it!

Well you have a cracking car there esp in that colour, I had to get a Ming Blue one but always pined after the Azure Blue.

Man, it is a small world we live in.

Awww, that's a nice story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

It's always nice to know that your old cars have gone to a good home.

Back to the point... Love the mirrors, set's it off lovely. IMHO the S3 without the alu mirros look like any other A3 and after paying the extra for an S3, it's nice to have a little reminder to others that this might be a bit special /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Although, having said that, before I decided on getting an audi, and having seen S3's before, I thought the mirrors looked awful, like the car hadn't been finished in the factory.
Obviously this is not my opinion now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Also the wheels look wicked. What size are they?
Not sure about the debadging. It's the first I've seen without the badge on the back..it might grow on me though.

Laters
N

Indeed that car was very dear to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif, sniff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Still not sure about the ali mirrors, sometimes they look good, others times not. I prefer the discreet look of a 'normal' car but as you say each to their own.

I didn't think of doing it before, but as said some git nicked them off 'DanS3's' little darling I thought it looked better so did it to my new one.

Still like you say each to their own. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Scooter said:
Anyone on this forum bought a red Oct 01(51) S3 reg no. T80CAR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I collect it on saturday!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jester,

It's not completely debadged, just missing the audi rings on the back. Still got the badge on the rear.

But very happy, and thanks for taking care of her for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Great choice on the colour scheme... Azure Blue looks great with the Silver Leather! Only I wish you'd of ticked the Sunroof option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It's strange how the car went from South to North (Huddersfield) and back South to where she is now!

I'm sure you'll get to reunite again at a future VW/Audi show.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Wheels are 19" Radius R6, I think it's an Italian make. I think they go pretty well with the S3 lines and are dead easy to clean! Tyres are a little expensive though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:

I like what you done with her (sweet as f**k alloys), still not sure about the ali mirrors on her, as I debated getting that as an option, still I bet the H/S, A/R and 6CD are still going well.

[/ QUOTE ]

H/S = Heated Seats?
A/R = ?????

Can't believe someone pinched the 6 CD from her! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dans3 said:

It's not completely debadged, just missing the audi rings on the back. Still got the badge on the rear.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah they couldn't get the rear S3 one off, got all the others though.
[ QUOTE ]
dans3 said:
But very happy, and thanks for taking care of her for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Great choice on the colour scheme... Azure Blue looks great with the Silver Leather! Only I wish you'd of ticked the Sunroof option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I looked after that little beautie, I nearly went for the blue alcantara and black leather, glad I didn't in the end. Sunroof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, you got Climate Control /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!
[ QUOTE ]
dans3 said:

It's strange how the car went from South to North (Huddersfield) and back South to where she is now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah North(Coventry) to South (Tadley) to North (Huddersfield) to South (Norwich), she has travelled a fair few miles, I knew it went up North as I got a guy to see where it is, but after then didn't have a clue.

[ QUOTE ]
dans3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, but would I get a drive ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On the options, sorry they was no A/R, I ticked the box but it never materialised, shame about the CD though.

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
dans3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good, but would I get a drive ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... I suppose no harm was done with the other 45k miles, so why not??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Quality, c u around then.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif