TT linkage for A3 part number

phillj

Reaction score
Website
phillj.net
Does anyone know the part number needed for the TT linkage for the A3 shorter shift mod?

I called Martyn at Vag parts yesterday and there is four different ones. It is only going to cost £13 - 14 + VAT and £3 delivery. It should reduce the front and back through by 20%, which isn't bad for the money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ordered from Martyn today. £11.75 + VAT and delivery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also ordered the sun glasses holder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My TT linkage arrived today (nice one Martyn!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

However when Rich and I came to fit it we found that the connection transmition has a ball and socket joint on the current one, were as the new one has another connection (see pics below).

I know some of you dudes have done this mod to your cars, so I was wondering if we are missing anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

We had a look at Rich's car and that was different too. It uses bolts not a ball and socket.

My car is a 2001 (30th of March on the Y) model does this make a difference? Is the model the same or do I need any extra parts? If anyone has pics that would be great! Any help would as always be great fully received. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You need to take the ball out, I gave mine a ****** good few whacks with a hammer and couldn't get it out and as it was dark and midnight I couldn't be bothered really trying, and there it's been laying for 6 months now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Take a look at the following walkthrough on it; http://www.reimundez.com/vwmods/mods/audittshifter.html

Cheers Gamabba. I had a look at this site this morning and realised that the part I had was wrong (it didn't have a ball on for the socket to go onto). I need the part number 8N0-711-051 as opposed to 8N0-711-051A which I actually have. Doh!