Yes !! A New S3

ScottyKemp

Reaction score
Just Bought myself an S3, W REG, 17000 Miles, Ebony Black.

Got it from HWM Audi in Walton on Thames, Pick it up on Saturday. I Can't Wait !

What does everyone pay for insurance on here ? I am 22 with 2 Years No Claims and it costs £850 Fully Comp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif seems very good as i was paying more on my VR6 Highline !

Many Thanks

Scott

Where is you Ins with for £850. I have just bought an S3 also. Best Ins I can find is with Direct Line, closely followed by Tesco.

Congrats on the new car. Get some pics up when you get it.

What colour interior and options did you get?

Im 21 and have got 2 years no claims. My insurance is with directline and is currently costing me just over £1000 on my A3 1.8 T Sport. It will probably go up at the weekend, when I add my group buy AMD Viper DV to it. I think they quoted me £100 extra for the remaining 6 months. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Out of curiosity who are you insured with Scott?

Paying £1400 24 D&D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif, 6 Points /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifand live in some fcuked up area of London /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gifso not bad as paid 200 more last year on Alpina B3 3.3 coupe and smashed the gonads off it, hence me got me self an new one just like you.

enjoy it

2500 for me...goes down to 1900 when i move my 2 years no claims onto the car in jan...

phill it didnt cost me a penny on mine. and i live in Oxon.

having said that i do have a chip upgrade paid for upto +20% performance

DL will note it down on policy as a "Dump Valve"

Directline - 1.8T sport £360 fully comp + £90 for chip. Full no claims and clean license

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
phill it didnt cost me a penny on mine. and i live in Oxon.

having said that i do have a chip upgrade paid for upto +20% performance

DL will note it down on policy as a "Dump Valve"

[/ QUOTE ]

I called directline back and got a quote after calling it a dump valve and it £4 cheaper the second time I called back. However I was told my excesses would be higher. The third time I rang back I was told because I am under 25 I cannot be insured on a modified car unless it was bought that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I also asked why it costs and they said that because this is my first modification that needs to be listed on the insurance I have to pay a premium for that.

£369 for a 98 1.8T Sport, Full No Claims, 32 and living in Berkshire. I think they want £90 for the chip I am having next month. This is with Bell Direct, who give you protected no claims for free!!!!

under 25 and cant be modded? thats a joke. mine was chipped and porsche brakes when i was 24.

only mod i have paid for was chip. that was less than £200 and when i changed to current S3, although it was newer and more expensive i got £160 quid back.

kepp ringing till you get a good quote.

they have been brilliant for me.

Yes, I've had problems. I bought from them 18 months ago, and I serviced the car with them until the warranty was up - the sales guy (Richard Brockman) was great, but the service staff just made it hard work - and twice I came out of there with problems I didn't go in with.
Now I use an independent guy in Guildford, although I'm going to investigate a place called WheelBase in Walton.
I know of at least 4 other people who own VW's and they do not have good things to say about that place.

I would say: check the car thoroughly, make sure that everything looks ok, it drives well, wear and tear items are all in good shape (tyre shoulders, tracking, brake pads and disks, exhaust, etc) and if you have problems with anything and they seem unresponsive, call the sales staff and complain to them to escalate the problem.
Also, if you have a good experience when you go there, let us know - it would be a pleasant surprise!

Yeah thanks pal, picking it up tomorrow, The salesman told me any probs to come back, and i said do worry I will back to see YOU !

I will not be getting it serviced there anyway will go to Whites in Camberley or Martins in Basingstoke.

Already took HWM a week to get the car ready, in my opinion i think is a little long, but they did get the rims reconditioned.

Thanks for the Advice m8 !

I have had problems with my local dealer here in Swansea too with faults on the car that were not there when it went in!

Also, they cannot seem to find any of the problems I have which I think is because it is under the 12 months 2nd hand warranty still!?!

Thing is they own the 3 nearest garages to me and so will not get any joy from them either probably?

Anyone know of any decent dealers or otherwise near the South Wales area?