Styling Kits and tuning

concoursneil

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
This has prob been asked so many times before , i hope it will save me searching all the posts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gifHaving just bought the A3 T sport, what styling and tuning firms would you all reccomend , so it saves me hunting around the Net for hours.
Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

OK for styling, I assume you mean bodykits? Best person in the UK - for Oettinger, Caractere and Projektzwo speak to Danny at RSD - www.roadandsport.co.uk

Tuning, well there's a debatable one! Well in my opinion I would recommend talking to AmD, APR, MTM, Oettinger and Jabbasport, there are others but in my opinion you won't go far wrong with those listed, and it wouldn't be right me recommending someone I wouldn't recommend just because they offer something would it!

As Wando says RSD are good for the kits, and chips, which is where I got mine done.

For tuners take a look at the below, which I have posted many times before....

Just to save you a bit of time ploughing through the search engines I've put my updated choice of top/recognised tuners for Audi's (VAG);

Most recognised within the UK:
APR - www.goapr.co.uk/dealer/index.html - Good maps and well respected, especially in the US. Just released OBD tuning. Switchable options using cruise control.
REVO- www.revotechnik.com/uk/ukrevo.html - Good maps, first tuner to do OBD tuning in UK. Switchable options using switch (Dongle).
AmD - www.auto-amd.com - More than just a chip tuner, they are a complete tuner unlike many others. Respect.
Jabbasport - www.jabbasport.com/Audi/Jabbachips/Contact/contact.html - For those that want to take their tuning that little bit further. Well respected.

* - OBD = On Board Diagnostic. Tuning which is done via the diagnostic serial port located on the vehicle, so no chip replacement is required.

Great German tuners:
Oettinger - www.oettinger.de or www.roadandsport.co.uk (UK dealer) - One of the longest running tuners for Audi's. A great tuner with a great range of products.
ABT- www.abtsportsline.co.uk/location.php3 - Again a long running tuner with good products. Official Audi chip tuning for The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium amongst other countries.
MTM- www.mtm-online.de or www.qstuning.com (UK dealer) - Well known for good maps with solid performance.
SKN- www.skn-tuning.com or contact SKN (UK) Ltd. on www.scottsmototune.co.uk - Not so well known but good products nonetheless

Other recognised tuners for chips mainly;
Superchips - www.superchips.co.uk - Regarded as a general tuner offering nothing special, but map on 1.8T does produce good results!
Wetterauer - www.wetterauer.de - Not so well known german tuner, but still heard of. Used in both the US and Europe.
DBM - www.dbmengineering.nl - Similar to Jabbasport but in Holland. Nice product range with carbon air boxes. Produced a 420bhp S3 for the road!!
Bullpower - www.bullpower.nl - Very little known about this tuner.
Sportec- www.sportec.ch (Even though covered by AmD) - Relatively new to the UK scene. Good torque figures produced with the maps and satisfied customers.
Powerchips- www.powerchipgroup.com - Hardly ever mentioned on the forums, like Superchips, but look to provide good results. The website is extremely good, and the detailed datasheets provided within minutes of an enquiry are full of info. Available through www.mongooseexhausts.com or www.motorsportworld.co.uk

All have their merits, and really it's a personal choice, and you have to check around before choosing in my opinion. There are many other smaller tuners who offer chips etc. but are not widely recognised, but can offer options cheaper than above. There are other big tuners such as GIAC ( www.giacusa.com ) that I have not mentioned because within Europe I do not know of a dealer and don't know of anyone running these chips other than Americans and Australians.
Do not think for one moment that the above is comprehensive, it is only my opinion and based on my knowledge of tuning, the products offered and comments I have picked up on my travels and is intended to be unbiased, but I do have a weak spot for Oettinger these days.

Gambba