changing DIS language from German to English

SiCotty

Reaction score
Do you have to go down to the dealer or can you do this yourself. Also is the security locking systems an option or can you change the way it works yourself. I want the drivers to to open with one push and the rest on another.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

you will either have to visit your local Dealer and use Vag 1551 or a friend that has the Vag-Com in order to reprogram your ECU. It is fairly easy process and does not take long.

Nikos.

found it on Audiworld, apparently it needs to be set by a dealer (how crap). Also does anybody know why my hazard warning switch glows all the time?

Thanks

Si

Hi Simon! Nice to see you posting on here - thx for the spin in the new A3 last week, come on and post some photo's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The locking mechanism is fairly easily changed using VAG-COM (e.g. I have mine set to auto-lock at 10mph, and beep when locked etc.) at least on the older ones - assume it's the same on the new ones?

Are you sure about the language being set by the dealer, it might be possible with VAG-COM (s/w on the laptop), or a 1551 (dealer's have them, but AmD have got one and they are fairly local to you)? i.e. if it's only a dealer that can do it, chances are it will be possible with a 1551....

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
PS I think my hazard warning light glows all the time too - probably a safety thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's a safety thing!