Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Play in rear ARB drop link

This was noted on a recent service - was simply advised to have it replaced at next service.

Will this affect handling at all?

Cheers,

B

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Did on mine, made it feel 'wallowey' and loose when the rear ones went.

The worst part of it was the knocking that worn drop links cause, drives you mad and you think something is going to drop off.

Replaced all 4 yesterday, 70.40 inc vat for all four. That's trade price ex fitting which my mate did for 20. Although its a doddle to do DIY, just beware of the rear bolts, they also bolt the rear shocker to the hub and are prone to cross threading and/or snapping.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Did on mine, made it feel 'wallowey' and loose when the rear ones went.

The worst part of it was the knocking that worn drop links cause, drives you mad and you think something is going to drop off.

Replaced all 4 yesterday, 70.40 inc vat for all four. That's trade price ex fitting which my mate did for 20. Although its a doddle to do DIY, just beware of the rear bolts, they also bolt the rear shocker to the hub and are prone to cross threading and/or snapping.
    Cheers - will get it done.

B

3rd Gear

Status
    Update - The more i've driven the car, the more I realise what an adverse effect the drop links going had.
    The car feels much 'tighter' and solid on the road, there was also a clunk from the rear somewhere when changing gear which has now disappeared (it felt like play in the rear diff on a RWD car).

A significant improvement!
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

Clicky Here!