Play in rear ARB drop link

bantam1

Reaction score
This was noted on a recent service - was simply advised to have it replaced at next service.

Will this affect handling at all?

Cheers,

B

Did on mine, made it feel 'wallowey' and loose when the rear ones went.

The worst part of it was the knocking that worn drop links cause, drives you mad and you think something is going to drop off.

Replaced all 4 yesterday, £70.40 inc vat for all four. That's trade price ex fitting which my mate did for £20. Although its a doddle to do DIY, just beware of the rear bolts, they also bolt the rear shocker to the hub and are prone to cross threading and/or snapping.

Stewart said:
Did on mine, made it feel 'wallowey' and loose when the rear ones went.

The worst part of it was the knocking that worn drop links cause, drives you mad and you think something is going to drop off.

Replaced all 4 yesterday, £70.40 inc vat for all four. That's trade price ex fitting which my mate did for £20. Although its a doddle to do DIY, just beware of the rear bolts, they also bolt the rear shocker to the hub and are prone to cross threading and/or snapping.

Cheers - will get it done.

B

Update - The more i've driven the car, the more I realise what an adverse effect the drop links going had.
The car feels much 'tighter' and solid on the road, there was also a clunk from the rear somewhere when changing gear which has now disappeared (it felt like play in the rear diff on a RWD car).

A significant improvement!