omg! have I done the right thing

pure

Reaction score
Following from my earlier post about imports, I have just been down the dealers and got my self a new S3...1 of the last 4 new 0 miles cars in Europe! Feel a bit sick now...

Brilliant black, alloy wingmirrors, alacantara, concert sterio, acustic parking...£24500 will be on a 53 plate.

Have I done the right thing, I'm still in shock at the mo!

Car will be ready in 7-10 days, I'll upload some pics when i get it.

Cool. When you drive out of the dealers, you'll know you've done the right thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

YES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifYES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifYES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You will have the biggest smile ever smiles on you face /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gifespecially as you will have one of the best!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sounds good!

My local dealer (Nigel Grogan) have a second hand one on a 52 plate and they want £24,995 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

Don't worry. You'll realise pretty soon that it was well worth it.

Enjoy!

wow, quotes are pretty steep at the mo....2500 is cheapest i can get with tesco's..

Gonna look on this forum for other insurance threads.

im 24. driving 1 year so 1year NCB. Tesco quoted me £1400 on my S3.

I did a quote a few days ago, and an S3 will cost me £1800 to insure fully comp with 1 years ncb, 2 years driving, and i am 20... that was with Admiral who i will be going with in november at renewal time, cos they dont charge too much for mods... full bodykit, wheels .etc cost me little over £100, with a premium of £1070 (£1170 with mods).

Rich

Pure, don't worry buddy. I had a 51 plate S3 with AMD chip and sold it some time ago. I have been running an SMG M3 and have also just secured one of the last 2 unregistered S3's in the UK. I should get it next week and can't wait. The S3 may be an out of date model now but believe me there isn't anything around I'd rather have - its not as though Audi/VW offer anything comparable at the moment. They now seem to want to go the non turbo 3.2 route. What I liked about the S3 was its chuckability and that turbo power delivery.

Enjoy your new toy, I know I will. I think we've got a couple of future classics and I won't be letting mine go easily. Get it chipped though buddy.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pure said:
Have I done the right thing, I'm still in shock at the mo!

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt exactly the same when I finally said 'Yes' to going ahead with my purchase in April, even to the point of feeling a bit dizzy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif for a while afterwards...

Had the car for a few months now and still lovin' it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
6500K already clocked up..
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Anyone consider the R32 before choosing the S3?? If so why did you go S3?

[ QUOTE ]
nicks3 said:
Anyone consider the R32 before choosing the S3?? If so why did you go S3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did, but I choose the S3 for a several reasons :

* Audi, not VW. Yes, I know, but it makes me feel better sitting behind the wheel. Feel good factor is difficult to put a price on.
* Interior nicer IMHO.
* Cheaper to insure and run.
* The R32 looks too much like a lot of modded Golfs. The S3 doesn't. i.e. less of a "max power image".

Guess I just liked the S3 better, I feel it suits me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

yeah i considered an r32...they are not a patch on the s3.

I think it is due to my postcode, I am 24 and live in a bit of a dodgy area, grade F on the postcode.

my no claims is tied up in another car, I will have 2 years when that policy expired in jan, which i can then transfer onto my s3.

Been quoted £2500 at tesco whic looks like the cheapest, no 1 else will touch me, i have no points and no claims. After Jan when i transfer my no claims, it will go down to £1900 which isn't bad... The joys of insurance.

Still got a few days to go.

I'm glad everyone seems to agree the S3 is the better way to go, one day after placing the order I'm going through that normnal (for me anyway) "should I be doing this...is the R32 better", even though I know the S3 is GREAT after owning one before.

Pure, you might think I'm mad but have you tried co-op insurance? They have some great premiums, and I'm an insurance broker!!!! (only commercial fleets though).

last time i tried them the wouldnt touch me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You must have got either the other black 1, dolphine grey 1 or the blue 1? As there were 3 remaining after I took the 4th 1 off the system last week.

Pure, mine was called off yesterday and it is a silver one with 18" wheels black leather, bose, heated seats and CD. They only had a black one other than mine. Is yours from the UK network? Do you know the spec of the dolphin car - did it have a sunroof?

not sure m8, i was just interested in the 2 black 1's...

I think they had sat nav, and the prices on the other 3 were higher than mine. The 1 i bought was the lowest spec of the 4, but was still higher than average spec, so I was pretty chuffed. Wouln't have minded the BOSE upgrade tho.

Don't worry about the bose, just open the window and listen to that turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

You have 100% done the right thing.

I picked up my 2003 Avus Silver S3 last Friday, my grin could be seen for miles, the grin got bigger once I put my foot down and the car isn't chipped yet.

Dicky Boy

Thanks dickyboy, collect mine next Friday. Can't wait to get back into an S3, even from my current M3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

I dont have a collection date yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

WIll be here some time next week.