Help - coil spring.

cjhill

hmmmmm interesting.
Reaction score
Dear all,

My S3 has just failed its first MOT, the rear coil spring is broken. Does any one know any good upgrades ? Might as well take advantage of this 'opportunity'.

cheers.

Same happened to mine , but not at an MOT. I take it you didn't notice any difference then? Mine hardly felt any different as the break was on the last coil. I've been told Eibach are good ones at £130 a set and you can get a set that lowers by 20mm too.

I have a full set of S3 springs for sale if you want them and don't want to pay a fortune for new ones!

Duber said:
Same happened to mine , but not at an MOT. I take it you didn't notice any difference then? Mine hardly felt any different as the break was on the last coil. I've been told Eibach are good ones at £130 a set and you can get a set that lowers by 20mm too.
I had Eibach Pro springs on my S3 and when I stripped the car of performance parts prior to trading it in, both rear springs at the last coil had snapped.

Eibach replaced them under warranty because they come with a 5 years gaurantee.

Same happened to me. I replaced mine with Eibach springs and they were great! Eibach or H&R will be fine..

Iv'e got Eibachs on too...worrying though they crack/snap.

Apart from looking at them is there any tell tale signs when driving that they have gone the journey?

JamS3 said:
Iv'e got Eibachs on too...worrying though they crack/snap.

Apart from looking at them is there any tell tale signs when driving that they have gone the journey?
I never knew until I removed them!