JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning

Thread: Revo or Jabba??

Warp factor 10

Status

Question Revo or Jabba??

Hey,
    im in 2 minds about who i should get to remap my tdi 130. Havent had any experience with either jabba or revo. All i know is that they are quoting similar upgrade figures, but revo seems to be 100 more expensive!

Then again, Jabba offer a premium package that is custom mapped including before and after rolling road reports. I was also interested in their exhaust system, but not too sure what it would sound like on a diesel, dont really wanna drive with ear plugs!!!!

So much choice!

Cheers
    Darryl

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz A3 TDI 130
    Hey,
    im in 2 minds about who i should get to remap my tdi 130. Havent had any experience with either jabba or revo. All i know is that they are quoting similar upgrade figures, but revo seems to be 100 more expensive!

Then again, Jabba offer a premium package that is custom mapped including before and after rolling road reports. I was also interested in their exhaust system, but not too sure what it would sound like on a diesel, dont really wanna drive with ear plugs!!!!

So much choice!

Cheers
    Darryl
    try Upsolute - very good value
    certainly no more than 300 quid
    2004 AUDI A3 S-LINE DSG TDi
    MAURITIUS BLUE
    2005 BMW 120d M Sport 163+
    BLACK SAPPHIRE

4th Gear

Status
    i would recommend revo, i have had mine done with a SPS3 switch controler so can turn it on and off, anti theft, and it has variable adjustments for timing, boost ,fuel so is fun to play with. im happy with my remap anyway

Neutral

Status
    I am going to have my revo removed. Nothing much to do with the map, its great, but my clutch won't handle it. I think having it done with the testing on the rollers would have probably highilighted the problem before I had to find out the hard way though. I also think that genuine before and after figures are worthwhile too...

Mark
    2003 (8L) A3 TDI quattro Sport

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)

Status
    my mate took his a3 2.0 tdi (54 reg) to jabba they done an excellent job on it no probz. even my car i had the custom remmap because they had put it on the rollers i had bad clutch slip so then they had reduced the power to match the car so clutch slip wont happen. got it remmaped at 103k miles. runs good but smokey sometimes a bit imbarressing.

5th Gear

Status
    I think the main advantage of REVO is that you can change between the normal setting and their "revo" setting using the one click system, I don't think this is offered by AMD or Jabbasport.......but you have to pay an extra 150 for the switch thingy which bumps the price up quite a bit.

Also Im not 100% sure if revo offer custom rolling road maps or just install the generic software for the engine - it may depend on the dealer as REVO is a franchise - does anyone have any experience on this one?

[QUOTE=i have had mine done with a SPS3 switch controller [/QUOTE]

I thought only the SPS1 was available for the TDI's which doesn't allow you to have the anti theft setting or adjust boost etc

Mike

Neutral

Status
    Certainly there was no rolling road option whhen I got my revo done, and I am pretty sure it is an off the shelf map, so not tweakable...
    2003 (8L) A3 TDI quattro Sport

5th Gear

Status
    Personally I think that the rolling road remap from Jabba would bring the best results & I'd prefer to pay an extra 100 or so for it. ( i think it's worth bearing in mind the value of your car and that sometimes it's worth paying that little extra )

Also, I checked the AMD and they offer a product very similar to the revo one click system, it's 499 + vat though so just shy of 600 all in.

I guess it'll depend if your planning on telling your insurance company about the remap as well

Warp factor 10

Status
    Thanks for all your comments!

Was doing some more research last night and im looking into MRC tuning. They have a custom mapping price of 500, plus they can also supply and fit a milltek exhaust system, not too sure about price, will have to call them later.