Nitrous Oxide

JamS3

Reaction score
Does anyone know of actually performing this mod on a S3 or TT?

Just Iv'e been doing a bit of browsing and this seems to be a good route for a extra 30bhp or so for a little money. Just wondered of the pros and cons well more the cons as the pros speak for themselves.

I did hear of a TT running nitrous which looked quite spectacular. If I went for this mod what would have to be changed. The only performance mod I really need to do is a front mounted intercooler really and would this need to be done as a condition of the nitrous upgrade? Would I need a new remap done to allow for the extra power or is the nitrous system just a stand alone plug and play?

Just thinkin about it at the min....

Cheers

why not simply do a turbo upgrade like a hybrid would only cost slightly more then add a remap and you will have that power all day not just 10 secs per fill nos gives especially for 30hp gain is easily achievable with a remap of your standard set up, add exhaust and intercooler and maybe another 20hp that would be my route.

i think you need a seperate pre programmed fueling ecu to match fuel to nos. try turbobits.co.uk hes a very knowledgable chap and will explain everything you need to know or just flick through his site lots of info on principles and products to achieve high performance..

Im sure theres a couple of people on the tt-forum that have NOS fitted, possibly Caney? im sure if you looked on there you'd soon find them.

www.noswizard.com might be worth looking at too

Yeh Iv'e had a look on there and will probs be contacting Caney (does anyone have any contact details for him?) for some advice.

Dummi, I was looking at this route rather than replacing the turbo as it is so much cheaper...probs around £800 for the NOS kit compared to 2k plus for a replacement turbo. I already have the stage 2 AMD upgrade so have everything bar the front mount intercooler

You have the problem of using NOS on the public road isn't legal! Also, think about insurance. There isn't a lot of people who refill NOS bottles - not up by me anyway.

JamS3 said:
Dummi, I was looking at this route rather than replacing the turbo as it is so much cheaper...probs around £800 for the NOS kit compared to 2k plus for a replacement turbo. I already have the stage 2 AMD upgrade so have everything bar the front mount intercooler

hybrid turbos are way less than 2k , and bolt on could probably be done for around £1300 more or less with remap to take advantage of it . i havent tried that route on a 1.8t and i know it is a little more but 30hp from nos seems hardly worth it for 10 secs a bottle but everybody drives different so that might suit your needs better.. good luck and post what you decide would be interesting to see how you get on with it