'Bout time for intro.

batty

Reaction score
Have wanted an S3 for years....
Have been reading all the good stuff on the forum for a couple of months - brilliant tips, probs, opinion, etc. Finally got what I wanted & here she is. Advertised on this forum.

'02 S3
Dolphin Grey

factory options:-

Bose Sound System
CD Changer
Front Armrest - Storage Box
Heated Front Seats
Polished Alloy Mirrors
Rear Headrest / 3 Point Belt
Sat Nav Plus System

extra fitments: -
H & R springs (originals supplied)
19" RS4 style alloys/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
235/35 x 19" P7000's

Bought last weekend - sorry for the delay in posting, but have been busy driving!

Nice.. sexy as ****!!

How you finding those 19's? I'm tempted to go for a set of those instead of the normal upgrade to 18's...

Cheers
Jon

You're right, Jonmurgie - car certainly looks sexy!
Not sure I can live with the handling, though.
Car is very wild over some of the roads around here.
May be due to the rears being spacered out by approx 20mm per side & the camber being too negative due to the lowering.
Will see if I get used to it but may be: -
1. selling the wheels & looking for avus 17's
2. fitting the std springs
3. correcting the camber by adjustable suspension arms
4. removing the spacers
or any combination of the above!!

I like the idea of tweaking - just a case of options.

btw - here's another piccie

sounds like a plan... if you want to sell the alloys and would be interested in a deal with some MINT Avus 17's then give me a shout /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Also maybe able to sort out swapping the springs over as well.... could be interesting though!!

Regards
Jon

sounds good to me.
Give me some time to see if I can live with it as is, but may be in the market for some 'dealing'. I already have the std springs waiting if needed. H & R springs must be about 30mm lower.
What suspension is fitted to yours - it looks lower than std ?
btw - gonna have to get more professional with the digi camera & signature's, etc.

Oh those 19's your looking at £200 - £250 per rubber!!

Looks well mate. I'm running with MTM springs, 20mm spacers and 18" RSTT's. I find the ride ok. It doesnt like the really rough stuff but I think thats down to the standard dampers. A set of Koni's or similar are in the pipeline for the future. (****** long way away the way the missus is spending the pennies on the house.) Anyway I've spoke to a couple of people in the past who have had the adjustable tie bars fitted and they have commented that it does make a slight difference to the handling. Although I think its more to do with tyre wear and visual appearance than anything else. Anyone whos had them fitted feel free to correct me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif