Servicing my A3

slimirf

Reaction score
Im about to service my audi and would like to avoid going to the Stealers. Are there any reccommended parts i.e. spark plugs, oil filter, etc that people would recommend. Also im coming up to the time where i need to get the Timing (cam) belt changed is this better done at the dealers or should i just go to a good private garage. Its not a company car so its a smack in the pocket at the stealers.

[ QUOTE ]
slimirf said:
Im about to service my audi and would like to avoid going to the Stealers. Are there any reccommended parts i.e. spark plugs, oil filter, etc that people would recommend. Also im coming up to the time where i need to get the Timing (cam) belt changed is this better done at the dealers or should i just go to a good private garage. Its not a company car so its a smack in the pocket at the stealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is best to get it all done at a dealer because then they can stamp the service book... A gap in service hostory is a bit of a turn off for potential buyers when u come to sell it, and also a dealer will give you less for it!

Rich

slim ello

If its not under warrenty i woundn't go to a main dealer they charge far to much and most of that is labour. I would look for a garage in your area that has a good reputation with Audi/VW. Someone like AMD, QST, Star performace. You will save yourself a packet and IMO have peeps working on it with a better working knowledge of your car.

where do u live

Im from manchester so if there are any good Audi/VW garages in manchester i would appreciate the information. I agree with Andy about the Stealers as i put them, they charge far too much for labour, i would like the audi stamp but as my car is an S-reg with 80K miles and a lot more once im done i dont think having a service history will make such a big difference, although i have full service history to date on the car. But nearly £250 on labour for replacing a cam belt, im sorry thats daylight robbery.
Are there any spark plugs that would help with performance etc.
Cheers