Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Tacho silver rings??

Hey guys, just got my silver rings off e-bay, but I'm not sure about somethin, I got the whole consol out and then tried taking about the glass, but I can't so I removed the back with the two tork screws (size 8). Now do the silver rings fit onto the dials from the inside i.e. from the glass area, or from the rear? so they rest on the consol from the back. Bascially does the glass come off? or did u guys just glue the rings by opening up the consol and gluing it from the rear? does this make sense?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Vroom Vroom

Status
    The glass does not come out, or at least I couldn't get it out.

I had to put the rings through and hold in place while I glued from 'inside' the glass. Make sure you put something between the rings and the glass (kitchen roll or something) otherwise the glue may drip onto it!! Not good!!
    -------------------------

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

hmmmmm interesting.

Status
    The glass does not come off.

If you undo the two small torx screws and then undo all the plastic clips the whole dial mechanism comes apart. Be careful when you take it apart or youll damage something.
    The rings then get fed through from the back to clip into place. I didnt glue mine, but some people find they have to do theirs - slight differences in sizes i guess.
    Call of Duty Zombie Slasher.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    sweet, cheers CJ, ok did you do the same with the small rings? feed them through the back?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

hmmmmm interesting.

Status
    sure did, the smaller ones were easier because they fit through the hole for the larger ones easily. The larger rings needed to be gently pushed through at an angle, carefully obvioulsy.

Hope it goes ok. The only thing im annoyed about is the fact that i scratched the steering wheel cover getting the dial console out.
    Call of Duty Zombie Slasher.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Cheers C Audi, (just saw your reply). ok cool I get how it should go in now. Just curiouse would super glue be ok? I find it easy to handel?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Vroom Vroom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    Cheers C Audi, (just saw your reply). ok cool I get how it should go in now. Just curiouse would super glue be ok? I find it easy to handel?
    Yeah, I used superglue, as the glue provided looked a bit too thin and I thought it would run everywhere.

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone