Tacho silver rings??

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, just got my silver rings off e-bay, but I'm not sure about somethin, I got the whole consol out and then tried taking about the glass, but I can't so I removed the back with the two tork screws (size 8). Now do the silver rings fit onto the dials from the inside i.e. from the glass area, or from the rear? so they rest on the consol from the back. Bascially does the glass come off? or did u guys just glue the rings by opening up the consol and gluing it from the rear? does this make sense?

The glass does not come out, or at least I couldn't get it out.

I had to put the rings through and hold in place while I glued from 'inside' the glass. Make sure you put something between the rings and the glass (kitchen roll or something) otherwise the glue may drip onto it!! Not good!!

The glass does not come off.

If you undo the two small torx screws and then undo all the plastic clips the whole dial mechanism comes apart. Be careful when you take it apart or youll damage something.
The rings then get fed through from the back to clip into place. I didnt glue mine, but some people find they have to do theirs - slight differences in sizes i guess.

sure did, the smaller ones were easier because they fit through the hole for the larger ones easily. The larger rings needed to be gently pushed through at an angle, carefully obvioulsy.

Hope it goes ok. The only thing im annoyed about is the fact that i scratched the steering wheel cover getting the dial console out.

Defratos said:
Cheers C Audi, (just saw your reply). ok cool I get how it should go in now. Just curiouse would super glue be ok? I find it easy to handel?

Yeah, I used superglue, as the glue provided looked a bit too thin and I thought it would run everywhere.