Is there any limit to how often you use a clay bar on bodywork?

I don't think there is a limit, however I would stick to once/twice per year unless you car gets filthy all the time.

You can tell when the car needs claying when the paint work isn't smooth anymore.

Also remember that when you clay the car, you will be removing the protection so remember to re-apply a wax or sealent of some kind.

Once a year for me and that's straight after the winter months. As said above though, if your car gets filthy all the time, you might want to do it more than the once. A few wax applications should do the trick though!

I clay bar every time I wash it..because that rear wing seems to suck tar off the road and onto the bumper and engine cover...and being bright yellow, you notice it.
So, clay bar, then wax...after every wash.

I think the clay bar is only about as agressive as say autoglym super resin polish, but obviously it does a better job as it is only working on the high spots on the paintwork

Sorry for being thick:confused: , but what exactly is a clay bar and what is is supposed to do?

Its like a big slab of white tac, that you rub the paint work with. Using quik detailing spray (meguiars) and it removes contaminates such as tar, tree sap, bugs .etc

Rich

Thanks - might have to investigate getting one as my car keeps getting covered in tree sap