400 Miles on a full tank - remapped S3!!!

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Now that I'm using the S3 for business miles, but even I was amazed to get 400 miles from 1 tank of Optimax!!!

Around 350 miles of the 400 were motorway miles, a constant 75 - 80MPH.

......from a guy that's used to getting 250 miles from a tank around town!!

Sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Sounds quite amazing, mine gets a max of 350miles on a full tank, and if motorway's involved them forget about keepin that sweet black oil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif but nice one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Most I've ever had on a long dual carriageway / motorway run was, from memory, just under 450 miles, with 40 miles still showing on the range. That was on Optimax, and I've got an MTM rechip.
I convinced myself that the computer was playing up. Can't remember how much I put in when I filled her up but I'm sure there were a few litres left in the tank. That was cruising between 70 and 80.

Just did a long run mainly motorways various speeds, got 360 out of the tank with 80 showing on the dis.

My best so far has been the 400 miles from Lyon to Barcelona on 3/4 tank and 150 left on the DIS. 60-65 all the way - sooooo hard not to put the foot down, but we'd run out of money and couldn't get anymore fuel.

what average mpg are you guys showing on the display?

Yeah I can get 400 on a motorway run. Can get at least 35MPG.

At the moment I am just doing daily 8 miles to work only and showing 27MPG.

Overall I'm delighted with the economy of my remapped S3.

[ QUOTE ]
what average mpg are you guys showing on the display?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the motorway runs I get 34 - 36 on the DIS, or 23 - 25 around town.

However, it is cool when you thrash it and see single figures on the instantaneous readout!

You fellas obviousily have more respect for the law than me (or maybe it's the remap) but I managed an average of 30ish according to the DIS on my long motorway journey the other week, however it was with 4 people and stuff in the car at anywhere between 0-110 according to the traffic (****** M1 on a friday) so wasn't just sitting at 70.

I've never got more than 320miles out of a full tank of Optimax in my S3, this is driving at 80ish mostly motorway, think the 19" wheels are effective fuel consumption by that much?!

[ QUOTE ]
You fellas obviousily have more respect for the law than me (or maybe it's the remap) but I managed an average of 30ish according to the DIS on my long motorway journey the other week, however it was with 4 people and stuff in the car at anywhere between 0-110 according to the traffic (****** M1 on a friday) so wasn't just sitting at 70.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah ... my 35MPG figures are only achieved when constant at about 70mph. I rarely do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That sounds about right to me jojo, I got 330 out of a pretty full tank of optimax as described above - I mean who can manage to drive 400 miles without using the lead boot once or twice, I know I cant.

[ QUOTE ]
That sounds about right to me jojo, I got 330 out of a pretty full tank of optimax as described above - I mean who can manage to drive 400 miles without using the lead boot once or twice, I know I cant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very hard I must admit, ESPECIALLY with the remap done. Like I say, I was in no hurry for a change and at a constant 75 - 80 MPH. Different story today though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

my dis shows 29 mpg av since i got the car nearly 2 years ago. on a long jorney i do between 70-100 sticking around 90 where poss approx 3800 rpm ??? and manage over 350 every time on a long trip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lol, my average mpg is 26.4 over 14 months and i do a fair bit of distance driving as well, just cant help myself, love feeling the torque wave build up when going to overtake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Maximum I can get is 27mpg at 75 on motorway using cruise control. Not too impressed with it.

I think the AMD remap has adversly affected the car. Firstly they took it from 180bhp to only 202bhp and didn't know why it wouldn't go higher!

Do I have to pay a lot to have the remap removed?