oh dear, need new wheels

rivet58

Reaction score
right then, i just bit the bullet and had my mate order my brakes from the states, ive gone for the ecs stage 5 porky brakes which most have you must have seen are ****** huge...

problem now being theres no chance in hell there gonna fit under the 17's so what wheels do you think i should get?

im not really a fan of rs4/6s but i was thinking why not get s8 wheels? (97/2000) there 18s and look the same as what i have now?

any ideas boys?

cheers

r58

I think the S8 alloys are a bit of a love / hate issue with most people.

Someone has just fitted the new RS4 alloys which IMO looked vary nice indeed

Which wheels did the S8 have from 97/2000? If there the chrome "cut out" wheels then I personally think they are nasty. BBS CH, Sportec Mono and MTM Bimoto all have spokes designed to fit big brakes underneath. Oh yeah and they all look the nuts.

[ QUOTE ]
Which wheels did the S8 have from 97/2000? If there the chrome "cut out" wheels then I personally think they are nasty. BBS CH, Sportec Mono and MTM Bimoto all have spokes designed to fit big brakes underneath. Oh yeah and they all look the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they're similar to the standard S3 ones, but an inch bigger, the spokes are slightly bigger I think.

S8 wheels have a 5x112 pcd so wont fit your a3 without adaptors

I would imagine S4 wheels would fit. They are again an 18" version of the S3 Avus wheel.

if its from any other audi model other than A3/S3, you will need adaptors.

[ QUOTE ]
right then, i just bit the bullet and had my mate order my brakes from the states, ive gone for the ecs stage 5 porky brakes which most have you must have seen are ****** huge...

[/ QUOTE ]

They're huge brakes!!!! You might find the brake balance isn't to great if you leave the rears as standard. I'd recommend their Stage 1R kit (and the BBS CHs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif).

getting the rears too (1r kit)

you may be right, MTM are cool and the brakes should kit. BBS CHs are nice buti dont want to be a sheep!

where can i get adaptors for the bigger s8 wheels? they would look nice cos there standard like the s3 wheels!

cheers guys

r58

Sorry didnt realise you were after the avus wheels.

[ QUOTE ]
BBS CHs are nice buti dont want to be a sheep!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Like this one, like the wheels, not sure about the ride height though, thats looooow....
see8.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Like this one, like the wheels, not sure about the ride height though, thats looooow....
see8.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That's got to be a Photoshop? I can't see even air ride being able to go that low.

low...that uber low!!

i will make some calls tomorrow to see what i can get!

ive also got these for the show season this year... never going to drive on them (dont ever want the hassle of clean them!

autosport067.jpg

autosport069.jpg

they are 18 by 8.5 and 10s on the rear. ex 911 turbo splits