Gear box, Air con console, & aerial questions

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Hi guys wonder if you could help with a few things,

1. I intend to replace the gearbox oil when my car goes in for a service, roughly how much will this cost ?

2. My + - tempreture button on the climate control console has been scratched & the black coating was removed is it possible to replace this ?

3. I ve ordered a new areial base from VAGPARTS, i think i understand the procedure to install the new one. Should i use a sealant to seal it between roof & aerial base if so whats best ?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Matt

Dunno about 2 and 3 but the mechanic I was chatting to at my service last week said the gearbox oil is life long.

Fair enough but i ve read on here that changng the oil makes the world of diffference

If you were having a problem with the gearbox changing the oil to a different type may make a difference,

you use no sealer for the aerial just the gasket that is supplied

gearbox is fine its jus seems a little notchy. no sealer at all ? thought you would use something.

Gearbox oil change is simple if you have the tools and somewhere level to do it, 2.6 litres of oil are needed for the S3 and it is worth changing regardless of what Audi say - made a big difference on my car when I changed it to Motul of the same spec. I don't think it should take very long so I guess it's 30 mins + parts if that at a main dealer.

And as for the aerial base surely i should use something (sealer) ?