Silver Rings to dash board!

dgannon69

Reaction score
After seeing a picture of someones A3/S3 with silver rings installed to the dash i ordered some and they showed up yesterday.

After getting the Speedo/Rev counter etc display out i started to install the rings...

The DIS, feul and engine temp fitted perfectly but the rev counter and speedo were slightly too big!

After a lot of getting F'd off i opened the glue they supplied with the rings...

i punctured the top and squeezed very gently so i could see how thick the glue was.

All of a sudden, SQUIRT and the stuff sprayed accross me, the centre console and into the clear plastic of the drivers display unit.

After a lot of use of scouring cream i finally got the crap off it but now its got lots of very fine scratches!

So £30 down, scratched drivers display, £80 jeans f***ed and still no rings fitted to the display!!

All in all not very happy!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Fek - I'm expecting to receive mine any time soon!!!

Gutted for ya - I've got this to look forward to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So the rev counter/speedo will not fit? Or do they just need glued?

make sure u keep the glue away from the dash mate thats all i can say and if you do don't use any that is like water!! Neither will fit at all! both too big and would not go in!

much too tight!

I've emailed the seller but they are german so i'm just hoping they understand me.