S3 rear quarter panel trim removal

NWMark

Reaction score
Website
none
Ive had a good search and couldnt find anything.

Does anyone know how to remove the interior rear quarter panel trim from an S3.

Ive had a quick look and cant see anywhere obvious to start to remove it. unless the B pillar trim has to be removed first?

Thanks

Mark

I think AndyMac's stereo install instructions might cover this. I have a feeling that you might have to take back seats out... assuming you mean the panel that runs along the vertical sides of the boot - the panel with the hatches in that give access to cd player, rear light clusters,etc?

AndyMacs custom sub install instructions cover this.
You need to take the seats out (not the backs, just the seats). They lift up (from where the seat belt fasteners are). Then a simple case of squeezing the metal rods together and wiggle out. You can then fold the backs of the seats down fully.
To remove the rear passenger panel you need to prise up the door trim, lift up vertically to unclip and remove. You can then start at the very bottom of the passenger rear panel and prise along up the door pillar, then along the window and around the seats. Once it's free don't yank it out, you've got a speaker connected to it which needs disconnecting!
If it's the trim in the boot with the sub inside, you'll still need to do the above then undo a few screws and pull out.
AndyMac is a top bloke, if you pm him and explain what you're doing I'm sure he'll email you the instructions as a PDF. (These are far easier to follow than my ramblings!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jbw,

its the panel with the speaker on i need to remove, so your instructions are hopefully all i need.

ill have a go and let you know.

Cheers

Mark

You may find some of the clips come off the panel but you can stick them back on with a hot melt glue gun

Remember to open the rear window and prise up the window rubber all along the top of the door card. When refitting you need to ensure the little lip on the wheelarch is engaged properly before bashing in all the spring clips, otherwise it won't sit properly and you can't clip it in once the rest of the panel is in place.
Also go really carefully along the top of the door card as it will be very stiff and you can easily rip the door card, use a pry bar or panel lifter for the middle clip, there's 3 along the top but the middle one is usually the hardest.