What glue to use on interior?

BENdage

Reaction score
Hi there. A few weeks ago my girlfriend accidentally put her elbow through the passenger side air vent on my 1.8T sport and snapped one of the slats off. I still have all the bits that broke off and would like to know if anyone knows what glue I should use to try to reattach it. I was thinking super glue, but then I though that it might melt a lot of the plastic. Any suggestions?

I was thinking that replacing it might be the better route, but I dont really know how to do it. Will I need to remove the entire dash section to get at the vent? I'm a bit of a newbie to all this, but I'm not afraid to get my hand dirty so long as I have a good idea what is involved.

Contact vagparts.com, they're really friendly and seem to be able to get any part, however small.

I got a new back seat pull from them - the plastic loop thing under the seats.

you should maybe get a volvo estate or something else with plenty of room in the back

lol, its ok, I keep a camping bed in the boot at all times now in case of emergencies

a "camping" bed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

You could try it with her bent over the bonnet, that saves the interior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
am I on the right forum?

[ QUOTE ]
You could try it with her bent over the bonnet, that saves the interior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
am I on the right forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, but u might wanna remove yr swirl marks now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Contact vagparts.com, they're really friendly and seem to be able to get any part, however small.

I got a new back seat pull from them - the plastic loop thing under the seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for recommending them. I have a new vent on the way. Does anyone know what I will have to do to fit it?