Camber adjusters

Phlipper1

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about H & R's Triple C Eccentric System. Looks like a cheap fix for excessive negative camber.

For the front or back?

You need to add more to the front...not reduce it.

And I can't see any form of eccentric system removing enough rear negative camber to get the rear suspension where it needs to be after lowering...

Got a link to some details?

Hi,

In an attempt to achieve the factory set-up I also found these the other week on the web:

http://www.performancealloys.com/loweringkits_springs.asp
(Scroll down the page a bit)

I enquired as I also though that these might be a good fix for achieving the correct rear camber - rather than go for adjustable tie arms - which seemsed a waste for my car with standard ride height.

However, I was told that "The Tripple C adjusters are for use with Mcpherson strut suspension, so are only used on the front of vehicles or vehicles equipped with Mcpherson struts all round - I don’t believe that the S3 has these on the rear, so the Tripple C system would be of no use unfortunately."

There are also some Eibach adjustment parts (Eibach Alignment Kit) which seem common in the states especially on the TT. Eibach are currently looking into whether they are suitable for me or not.

I will report back when I get a reply

Cheers

RGB

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

In an attempt to achieve the factory set-up I also found these the other week on the web:

http://www.performancealloys.com/loweringkits_springs.asp
(Scroll down the page a bit)

I enquired as I also though that these might be a good fix for achieving the correct rear camber - rather than go for adjustable tie arms - which seemsed a waste for my car with standard ride height.

However, I was told that "The Tripple C adjusters are for use with Mcpherson strut suspension, so are only used on the front of vehicles or vehicles equipped with Mcpherson struts all round - I don’t believe that the S3 has these on the rear, so the Tripple C system would be of no use unfortunately."

There are also some Eibach adjustment parts (Eibach Alignment Kit) which seem common in the states especially on the TT. Eibach are currently looking into whether they are suitable for me or not.

I will report back when I get a reply

Cheers

RGB

[/ QUOTE ]

These look interesting ... look forward to your update.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they won't work. as you probably know by now.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

..and the McPherson strut needs to be of the two bolt flange type...rather than the type used in the S3 where the strut sits inside the hub, held by a pinch bolt.
These could be used on a Mk3 Golf...for instance...but not on an A3/S3.
Wrong fxing type completely.

Out of interest, Mk1 golfs have camber adjustable bolts standard...so you can grab some from a breakers instead of paying H&E prices for these things...assuming you have a car they are suitable for!

How about ECS Tuning? They actually make a eccentric bush kit (Rear) for audi TT's. I can't see why these can't be used, although I'm not sure why 4 would be required as opposed to one for each control arm.

I can't think you'd get enough adjustment on eccentric bushes...you need quite a lot of adjustment to sort out the rear camber.

I expect two per side to allow one arm (upper) to be lengthened whilst the other (lower) is shortened...to try to get the camber back in line.

Who knows though...

The Forge solution works...and works well...so why risk it?

Glen,could you tell me your stage by stage handling upgrades again mate;
1)springs/shocks
2)+ adj rear tie arms
3) +arb's
Is that it?

[ QUOTE ]
1)springs/shocks
2)+ adj rear tie arms
3) +arb's
Is that it?

[/ QUOTE ]

And a fair few hours/days playing with geometry settings until it all worked!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lowered springs
Suspension angles
Tyre pressures
18" wheels
Tyre pressures again
Dampers
Suspension angles front
Tyre pressures again
Tie bars
Suspension angles rear
ARBs
Tyre pressures again

thanks mate,
what suspension angles do i need?

F as much as you can as Chris says...-1.5 each side if you can (maybe mod the ball joints a bit!)

R I found -0.5 worked well.

Front toe between 2 and 4 minutes total toe out.

Rear toe set back to parallel.

Seems a bit tiresome to beat on about the same topic....but..has anyone tried jabba's adjustable control arms which seem half the price of Forge's?.....

I believe they're the same thing, although I think the Jabba ones are exchange items (you give them your old arms - they mod them and sell them on).

The ECS ones are the same too, but I think they're the most expensive......Rich???

So which are better ECS or Forge? Heard that Forge ones corrode quickly?

Some of the paint on my Forge arms started flaking quickly, but I live in Aberdeen (rust capitol). The coating seems to be the same as the standard Audi arms.

I've never seen the ECS arms, so I can't comment. RichA3Turbo should be able to help you with that...

Another thing was the MOT. Do the adjusters need to be approved by some transport agency to pass the MOT and being a modified part do they affect the insurance?