difference between 210 s3 and 1.8tq engine? both 2000

lower compression among other things

i was just wondering where the extra 30bhp came from i thought it was just a case of bigger turbo and twin -intercooloers and maybe a different map on the ecu opr somethin, ive giot a 1,8tq and wud like to see more power, looked at gettin a remap but only take it to 210, wud like 250 really but i think its gona cost serious money

A jabba remap can take it to about 230 with a custom map. I am getting mine done in July so can tell you.
Pontio is having his done sooner and he has a 1.8TQ as well.

My AMD tuned 2002 1.8TQ showed 234 bhp on the rolling road at AMD following one of their remaps and is now noticeably much quicker

I took mine for a revo upgrade to 207bhp the biggest jump was in the torque going from 173 to 232, cost £499 at the time but its now only £399. Well worth the money though it has improved the whole experience of driving the car and its not pushing the limits to far either. I plan on taking it on a rolling road soon to get the real BHP and torque values. I would be interested in testing a 1.8TQ tuned up to 230 if it was noticably a lot quicker a might be tempted into another remap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

The AMD remap on mine took me from 180bhp to 202bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A jabba remap can take it to about 230 with a custom map. I am getting mine done in July so can tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much can you get out of a K03s and standard injectors?

i take it the s3 has a ko4 turbo right and the 1.8tq has a ko3? can a ko4 from an s3 be bolted directly to the 1.8tq and are anyother mods needed? what sort of gain would this give on a standard car?

[ QUOTE ]
The S3 also has stronger internals (Forged pistons etc.) why do you ask as it may be easier to answer the specific question than point out some of the changes between the two?

[/ QUOTE ]
The 1.8T has forged pistons too. The AGU engines (non-DBW big port non-VVT 150bhp) are allegedly the strongest of the lot.

[ QUOTE ]
S3 has bigger injectors aswell I would have thought...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the injectors are the same but the FPR is different.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 230bhp Jabba quote for a remapped k03s is strictly pub horsepower. Expect around 200 real world bhp as the little turbo can't push more boost and certainly couldn't sustain it (and will be running white hot at that!).

You'll still be chuffed to bits with your remap BTW no matter what the rollers say! And Jabba have a good reputation.

S3 also has twin cats.

as far as i am aware ko3 to ko4 is not possible, or more correctly, not straight forward, downpipe/manifold are different.

My old Golf was a 2001 with a KO3s and achieved 232bhp with a Jabba Re-map, where as my mates 1999 Golf turbo with the KO3 only achieved 205bhp, so even if the rollers are optimistic it suggests that the 's' version of the KO3 yields bigger hp.

My old Golf also Destroyed the CTR i replaced it with (mate bought it off me) so i think it had more than the Civics 197bhp.

[ QUOTE ]
My old Golf was a 2001 with a KO3s and achieved 232bhp with a Jabba Re-map, where as my mates 1999 Golf turbo with the KO3 only achieved 205bhp, so even if the rollers are optimistic it suggests that the 's' version of the KO3 yields bigger hp.

My old Golf also Destroyed the CTR i replaced it with (mate bought it off me) so i think it had more than the Civics 197bhp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Golf with the K03 had the AGU engine (large port head, 20mm piston pins, non vvt, small injectors, non-DBW), whereas the Golf with the K03s had the AUM engine (small port head 19mm piston pins, vvt, larger injectors, DBW).

Maybe the same with the A3 TQ?