DIS Showing Door Open But Its Not

s3bow

Reaction score
I've had this intermittently for a while now. The DIS is showing the door as being open when it is closed. This then won't switch the interior light off and when stopped, won't allow you to set the alarm with the fob.
My brother (Audi Tech) says its a faulty micro switch on the door catch.

Anyone else had this ?

Chris.

It is a faulty microswitch, mine does it on hot days..

Not yet, i got a refurbished one off ebay, its not annoying me enough yet to spend half a day stripping the door down...

It's pretty common, can do wierd things... my interior lights would pulse and the car would lock but it would go off a few mins later.

It's not that hard to do and only takes max 2 hours if your careful - you don't need to seperate the door from the car just the inner frame from the skin there a thread or ten on here with what you need to do too.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else had this ?

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet - a very common fault. I got mine replaced under warranty.

Not only was it irritating, my concern was that the car wasn't properly alarmed, not sure if that was the case though.

I've got the same with mine. DIS shows door open and interior lights come on over bumps and round corners.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else had this ?

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet - a very common fault. I got mine replaced under warranty.

Not only was it irritating, my concern was that the car wasn't properly alarmed, not sure if that was the case though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the car will be alarmed properly as it thinks the door is ajar. When the same problem happened with mine the red LED on the door would not light, but the remote would still lock the doors. All the more reason to get it fixed.

Mine was replaced under warranty too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It only cost me a fiver off fleabay, the guy had bought a brand new one then fixed his old one...

Sorry I havent looked too closely at it but its something to do with the microswitch itself...

I got the whole lock mechanism with the switch built into it...

Maybe he stripped the switch down and repaired it, i dont know, sorry.

A quote from me in another thread...

[ QUOTE ]
these two posts cover pretty much everything, I was going to do a better write up, but my camera was being a pain on the day that I actually fixed it.

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post340661

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post337282

the other problem is there is no real point in listing the part numbers because it'll be different for each side and could be different for different cars, however Audi seem happy to help and gave me the right part.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if they don't clear things up a quick look on the below might answer any other questions but if not just ask.

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post338516

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post345088

I finally had the driver's door sensor replaced. But the DIS still does the same!! anyone got any ideas??

I had this when i first bought my car, this is going to sound stupid, but i closed the lock with my finger with the door open, then reopened the lock and then shut the door ! its been fine since !

I think the lock just gets stuck, especially on hot days, perhaps just needs some grease / wd40 ??

i had this last year, and yes it ****** me off a great deal with the interor lights being on after the car was locked and no alarm being on. i just hammered the door lock mech with WD40 and i havent had any trouble since. the hotter days really did make it worse tho.

JustSports said:
I had this when i first bought my car, this is going to sound stupid, but i closed the lock with my finger with the door open, then reopened the lock and then shut the door ! its been fine since !

I think the lock just gets stuck, especially on hot days, perhaps just needs some grease / wd40 ??

This is now happening to me :(

Something else to blame on global warming