Hmmm, wheels back and on the car...(no 56k)

I

imported_Stewart

Not sure if I like them or not but they couldn't get the Pearl Grey metallic powder in time for the Ring trip next week so went with what they had in stock...
I've put Yoko Parada Spec II boots on which combined with coming back down from 19"'s has restored the handling and then some!
I think i'll keep these for track days so not 'too' bothered how they look...

s3_grey_mtms4.jpg

s3_grey_mtms3.jpg

s3_grey_mtms5.jpg

s3_grey_mtms6.jpg

s3_grey_mtms7.jpg

they arent a MATT colour are they?

Should gone for a MATT GREY or BLACK!

They dont look to bad, but would have looked better if they were MATT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
they arent a MATT colour are they?

Should gone for a MATT GREY or BLACK!

They dont look to bad, but would have looked better if they were MATT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I thought about matt finish but thought it would look very 'german', I would end up having to take an angle grinder for that rusted up look lol

Not a great fan of the matt look TBH...

[ QUOTE ]
looks really nice mate. Swap for some 17" star alloys if youre not too keen? Ha Ha

Whats the damage to the wallet for the refurb as mine will need at some point?

[/ QUOTE ]

£30 per wheel! The powder coating is really thick so unless you actually kerb them, they are gonna stay mint...The range of colours is huge (metallics included), just takes a while to order the powder for the not so popular colours...

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you get that done for that price??

[/ QUOTE ]

Tec Coatings
Aldon Road
Poulton Industrial Estate
Poulton le Fylde
FY6 8JL
Lancashire

Tel: 01253 899699
Fax: 01253 899699

Mention me if you ring!

get some wonder wheels a good scrub and they will be silver again, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There is noway your rubbing this stuff off...

The powder coat process is akin to enamel'ing in that the toughness of the finished process is tough indeed!

0.83micron depth to the base powder and another 0.6 micron to the powder lacquer is mighty thick i can tell you!

yes but two months brake dust has same affect for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I like them. They make me tempted to get 18s (always had 19s from new). Is the handling that much better? i thought it was good now!

[ QUOTE ]
i like them and dont like them

but more towards like them lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know what you mean!

They look good just sat there but I think it looks bilge on the road :|

I think they will look better when I have detailed them properly, black centre caps and black bolt caps.

Hamski, yeah handling is much much better. I knew it was always going to be a compromise but I really miss the handling...