Flat spot @5prm in 5th and 6th

Im too sure but could it be a collapsing hose to the turbo?
I think its happened before on tuned cars?
Or maybe a faulty DV?
Im sure other members will point you in the right direction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

could it be another coilpack issue?

My car goes quickly from 3000-4500 then i think there is a little flat spot. In higher gears you notice it a lot more then in lower ones. I think when you floor your car, the boost is higher for a little time?

Is this true?

Sory what is the coilpack? my english is not so good.
And how can is see this is broken?

The coilpack delivers the electical charge to your spark plug.

Yes there is a slight flat spot on a standard S3 about 4000rpm before it picks up again.

Diverter Valve (DV) - If this goes u will know about it, i was informed i prolly wouldnt get out of 3rd if it went.

Coilpack - Again u will know if one of these go the car will only be running on 3 cylinders if one goes so it will be running real ruff and u will know there is something wrong.

Air Intake Hose - Flat spot about 5000rpm could be your air intake hose collasping but it is usally a problem with chipped cars (is your car chipped).

Wastegate - I currently have a problem with my car its got a flat spot about 2500rpm and then it picks up about 3500rpm but not properly, it has been diagnosed as the wastegate is sticking.

Mass Air Sensor - Not to sure of the symptoms.

But i would say the Air intake hose if it is chipped.

Are u getting a fault warning light coming on.

Is this something the dealer could do? without spoting the chip?

it going to be really difficult to explain to the dealer how u have managed to get the flat spot at that point, especially if u do not want to declare the chip to them. My dealer is great, he knows i have a remap and i just explained the problem i was getting and a possible way to fix so he did it.
Does it do it all the time??

Well no, only when I been hoofing for a bit, then not only do the brakes fade badly (and smell) but the flat spot is quite bad. Actually it's only been in the recent heat that it's been as bad.