S3 NO GEARS!!

Duber

Reaction score
Website
www.justmatz.co.uk
Gutted! Just pulled away from a residentual junction in 1st then no 2nd,3rd,4th,5th, and just a little pull left in 6th. So by time i pulled over i had nothing to pull away in.mmmmm
Hope its not the box. It feels as if there is no selectors and the gear stick just flaps about. Got it flat bedded to a garage and there not sure yet until further inspection as the quattro selectors are a pain to replace it might just be cheaper to replace the box completely. Better start saving again£££££££££££££ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Unlucky rye...

I have been without mine for 3 weeks now ... and missing it loads.

Good luck with getting it back on the road, hopefully not too expensive.

Got her back today!!! Shes great. was getting proper withdrawal symtoms LOL.

Anyway it ended up being the cable ends and selector fork? Apparently it drops down into the box and is part of the quattro drive train linkage too. mmmmmm??

She drives sweet now as the parts came from a 18k gearbox i sourced the other side of London for £300 then paid a VAG specailist (VW Enterprises) to carry out the work which they said was all done in-situ? They charged another £300 as i let then keep the rest of the box as spares.

So not bad all in all i thinks as car was only off the road for 4 days.

Was it or does it all sound fair to you guys?

R

Sounds very fair considering your down south mate!
Having monitored prices discussed on this and the uk-mkivs.net forum (13,000 members), the north south divide is very apparent!

Consider yourself on top as far as that work is concerned!

Off topic slightly, my car has done 47k, got it at 26k and have lavished attention and money on it..

Anyway, never changed the gearbox oil but had it changed today and the gear selection is much smoother and slicker even though the oil that came out was crystal clear...

mine is an S3 too, what was the spec of the Motul you used ?