Audi Dealer good or bad?

colinreid

Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with Aston Green Audi, Berkshire? I was thinking of buying a car from them and justt wanted to know what sort of a reputation they have.

Thanks

When I've called Aston's service dept I found them very unhelpful.
I think Audi girl has had problems with the service dept as well?

Have had little to do with them but have heard they aren't so good. I am prepared to give them a go when I'm due a service. From what i have heard they're ok at routine service but not so hot at spotting or fixing problems.

Since you 2 are fairly local can we count on you to help boost Audi numbers at the next Wycombe meet?

once you buy a car and return with a problem they dive for cover before u pull into the court yard.

[ QUOTE ]
viper said:
once you buy a car and return with a problem they dive for cover before u pull into the court yard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds very familiar to me.
My dealer is never able to do all the (maintenance) work instructed correctly and on time and on top of that I never received even once an invoice that was correct in the first try........
Their excuse?
Since 1999 they have been selling so many cars that the organisation couldnt cope with that and now they are busy with restructuring so that they can actually do what they promise.
Normally when I need a service check (every 30k kms) I have too book in advance about 3 months and if i want have transportation during the time the car is in the garage, they can offer a bike (!!!!) or bring you home (as long as it is with 15mins) and pick you up in the evening. When I want a car I have to hire one........ and then they manage to invoice about EUR 900 for my 60k kms service.....
Audi dealers over here just suck.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Have heard a lot of bad things about that dealership. Have visited it a couple of times, but I always got the 'Can you afford it sir' type of service, hence they lost out on 2 x S3's.

I use Audi Ridgeway up in Newbury, cracking bunch of lads in both service and sales. If you head up there, speak to Matt in servicing or Brian in Sales and say Bart recommended them to you. They'll look after you not saying they won't but my company has a very good relationship with them.

What car you looking at anyway?

Any recommendations closer to Windsor / Maidenhead area?

DON'T USE ASTON GREEN! They caused a massive oil leak in my car, and failed to spot a buckled wheel!

And Walton-on-Thames, having spotted that the car was buckled and apparantly "too dangerous to drive" refused to put it on ramps to take a look at it, and lent me a pencil to write down phone number of other dealers to call on my mobile from their forecourt.... then watched me drive off in my "too dangerous to drive" car!

I've used Whites in Camberley nice enough for a service but had to take it back 5 times with a immobiser problem.

The only other dealership that I have know close to home/work is Martins in Basingstoke. Been in there few times and the sales people have seemed good, don't know about the servicing side though.

But in the TV area there is very little I'm afraid.

ok - she's booked into Reading Audi. Will let you know how I get on!!

Recently had my 36K AVS on the S3 and that came to the £500.00 mark, includes the haldex service and the rest.

Cheers

yep that did include the haldex service... and even a complimentary wash / vac!!! (wish it was more dirty when I took it there now!!)