N75J replaced with N75F

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Hi,

My car had some running problems as you may be aware (or not care).

Jabba found a split pipe that they thought was to blame. I replaced this and it was still there. I have now just replaced the N75 valve. QST had fitted a 'J' version when it went for a service a while ago (not at my request). This as I have read could be the cause of the problems (as well as about a million other things to keep me paranoid!)

My local stealer wanted £48 plus vat, vagparts sent it for £42 including VAT and shipping. My dealer even told me they were not genuine parts and he had never heard of them when I pointed out he should be wearing a mask and a stripy top charging that price!

The long and short of it is that the car seems to be ok now, no surging of boost anymore. It doesnt seem as aggressive, but then the turbo is a lot smoother and progressive, with most of its pull at around 4k.

Anyway all good so far and it means my car is ok to be remapped in July as it no longer has any issues, so no wasted trip to Peterborough!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hope it helps someone else

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The long and short of it is that the car seems to be ok now, no surging of boost anymore. It doesnt seem as aggressive, but then the turbo is a lot smoother and progressive, with most of its pull at around 4k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good - well done.

I'm going to try a new valve on mine as sometimes the car will surge in the high gears. I was told to go straight for the N75.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif