TT V6 ARBs On S3 ?

s3bow

Reaction score
As it says, Anyone know if you can fit TT V6 anti roll bars on an S3 ?
Are they any bigger diameter ? My originals have hairline fractures, so have to be replaced. I can obtain TT v6 ones quite cheap.
Front and rear BTW.

Chris.

If you are going to replace ARBs, then do it properly!

Get Neuspeeds - tried and tested.

How cheap is cheap? And what size are they?

I imagine they'd be able to fit, but wether it will be beneficial or not????

AS Imola said...

[ QUOTE ]

Get Neuspeeds - tried and tested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not doing it to uprate. Car is being sold soon, so no Neuspeeds. Cheap is zero.

Chris.

Because of the aforementioned hairline fractures. They are an MOT faliure.

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hairline fractures?
Where exactly?

In my experience, any hairline fracture in a twisting bar results in two pieces rather than one bar!

Brother is an Audi tech and told me of said fractures a while ago. Recent service found they had opened up to clear cracks.
Mate has just replaced both on his TT and I had a front one go on my TQS a few years back.
Brother reckons its quite common. There's a creaking coming from the rear one on mine now.
Anyway, cracks are there and very real. Rest assured.
Which brings me back to the post. All I should need is new clamps and bushes to fit them ? Or does the V6 have a different subframe ?

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, missed that!

Nobody has mentioned the sizes of the V6 ARB's?

Surely this is vital to knowing wether it will e an improvement or compeltely screw the handling?

And I would assume due to the heavier engine, the V6 has a stiffer front/rear bias than the S3?

All guesswork by me, but shouldn't it be addresses? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm just guessing here, but I would have thought they'd be the same size as R32 ARBs.

Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just guessing here, but I would have thought they'd be the same size as R32 ARBs.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but doesn't the 225 TT have different ARB's to the S3

At that time they revised the handling of the TT, and made it more understeery (correct me if i'm wrong) I think I remember Glen discussing this at length (where are you?).

This would lead me to assume they haven't changed their thoughts on it, but I'm not sure.

[ QUOTE ]
Same part numbers for the TT and S3 up to 2002.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that be for the 225bhp TT? The V6 has a thicker ARB's, but I think the front is disproportionately bigger due to the heavier engine. I'd guess they're the same as the R32/

[ QUOTE ]
I think I remember Glen discussing this at length (where are you?).

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm here...
But I struggle to remember after all this time...it's nearly 2 years since I sold my S3!

If someone knew the V6 TT ARB sizes it would make it easier...

[ QUOTE ]
I'll have a quick look on the hairdressers forum.

Chris.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, chop, chop!