Tyres !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S3_quattro

Reaction score
Hi im a student wiv a a3 1.8sport and need new tyres on it.
i wanted 2 know if there is any cheap tyre places which do good tyres. can u help?

Menu bar, tasks, search. Suggest A3/S3 forum, or general car chat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can recommend the goodyear F1's though. Done about 250 miles on mine now, and the front ones are scrubbing in nicely - grip and feel are just amazing in the dry. Not pushed them in the wet yet. Rears aren't completely scrubbed in yet, so back-end a little skitish. But so far I'm very impressed.

AL

Keep us updated Al. I'm still a bit off new tyres, but it's looming fast. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The F1s are on my list, along with a few others. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Where abouts are you based Harps? I know a great place in Bracknell if you're anywhere near there.
225/45/17 Goodyear F1s are about £95 a corner all in,
Bridgestone Potenza SO3 pole positions £105 a corner all in,
and Toyo Proxes T1s about £115 a corner all in.

I recently fitted Dunlop SP Sport 9000 tyres all round. Very good wear and great grip in the dry and wet, plus a cool tread pattern in sand!!!! My local tyre place near Newbury charged £75 per wheel inc. balance. Pretty good deal.
I had Goodyear F1's also before. They were amazing, both wet and dry, but wore out after only 15,000 miles. The Dunlops are good for 30,000.

Just put F1s on much better than Michelin Primacy. Don't know about wear yet but better grip in wet and dry

Have any of you tried the F1's compared to the TOYO's.
Be interested to hear a comparison.

I had Proxy's on my A4, they are very neutral, not bad or particularly good. Wasn't impressed. The Goodyear's I've had for a couple of months now and very good in dry but particularly good in the wet (as far as I recall), been a while since we had wet. You just forget about them, they just do their job. With the Toyo's I was always aware of their limits.

I have changed tires 3 times on my a3 1.8T, have used dunlops 9000, bridgestone Re 710, and now im using toyo proxes t1s, the latter, the best of them all, they have the composure of the dunlops, even softer, and they grip better than the bridgestone, believe me, these are the tires.

I have Continental's on mine that were on the car when I bought it 2nd hand from the local dealer. They seem to be good tyres and cope well in the wet too. Have you all tried these before as I am told they are standard? If so, how do they compare with the Toyo's and the F1's etc?