The New Seats are in! (56K no no)

• Thread starter imported_Stewart
  • Start date
I

imported_Stewart

Wow, what a difference, the car feels completely different to drive, no longer am I sliding around hanging on to the wheel, now I can concentrate on driving properly!

They are a lot lower than I usually have them but its a perfect driving position, very comfortable as well...

I'm not fussed about losing the electric adjustment or heated elements as I hardly ever used them anyway....

new_recaro1.jpg

new_recaro2.jpg

new_recaro3.jpg

new_recaro4.jpg

new_recaro5.jpg

new_recaro6.jpg

Looks good! Probably saved a fair bit of weight too!

Very nice mate, they look great.

Which ones are they, and where did you get them from?

They look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif ace

Aye you are right, you won't be sliding around in those!!! The side support is HUGE!!

Look good aswell, fit in nice with the interior of the S3.

A job well done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good! Probably saved a fair bit of weight too!

[/ QUOTE ]

No kiddin Rich! I nearly put my back out moving the originals about, i reckon they must weigh around 10stone!

Without weighing them accurately, i would say both these new seats weigh about the same as one of the original ones!

very nice, where did they come from??

[ QUOTE ]
very nice, where did they come from??

[/ QUOTE ]
Ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wow those look great!
What recaros are those?

I´ve been also looking seats to replace those original recaros and still trying to convince my girlfriend that we dont need rear seats and i can buy Pole Positions... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They are Recaro Speed's with Ambla Leather and Saturn trim. Those little black dots in the Saturn trim are actually rubber bumps so the seats literally hang on to you!

No, Recaro do custom sub frames for various cars, in this case the A3/S3, GolfMk4 etc..

They are OEM quality. The only downside is the amount of metal showing on the side, i think i might try getting the original trim to fit...

They look superb mate. Good choice. I wasnt really sure if aftermarket seats would suit the rest of the interior,
but from those shots they look great and could almost pass as OEM, if you didnt know any better. Nice.

Aaron

Very very nice seats. Its a bonus that they sit lower. This is the problem I have with standard S3 seats compared to A3 items.

If I had to make one cirtisism (and its only minor) is that I'm not too keen on the large recaro writing on the head rest. A subtle recaro symbol on the back rest is more to my liking.

Deffo an improvement tho.

[ QUOTE ]
What did you do with original seat airbag wirings? Is your airbag warning light on?

[/ QUOTE ]

They come with a plug with a resistor that fools the airbag system into thinking there is one there, so no warning lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Very very nice seats. Its a bonus that they sit lower. This is the problem I have with standard S3 seats compared to A3 items.

If I had to make one cirtisism (and its only minor) is that I'm not too keen on the large recaro writing on the head rest. A subtle recaro symbol on the back rest is more to my liking.

Deffo an improvement tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i think if i still like them after driving to Germany and back, ill get the S3 logo trimmed into the back rest somewhere and have the Recaro lettering muted to a very dark grey to match the side bolsters...

Rich, yeah they have some marks but i reckon they will polish out, not tried yet, was too excited to get them in lol

Grrr they are the ones I've been saving for LOL

I take it they are the speeds? Got the sub frames sorted. Just need the seats.

What are they like support / comfort wise? As I've not been able to find people with them before.

Mark.

[ QUOTE ]

What are they like support / comfort wise? As I've not been able to find people with them before.

Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, read his posts above. He has already aswered both those questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

looking good, sitting lower in the S would feel so much better

They look great! Im currently having my interior re-trimmed with black Alacantara to stop slipping around. I wished i'd put the money to a set of those now. I agree about the S3 seats being to high.

I too nearly pulled my plums out lifting the front seats out. There awkward too get out too!

[ QUOTE ]

Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]They look awsome guys, a set on ebay at the moment going to bid on .. can you give me the subframe part numbers or is it a case of simply asking for A3/S3 subframes?.. what would the seats cost / subframes cost new?!