New sususpension

keendean

Reaction score
I'm fitting new shocks and springs all round, which bushes are worth replacing , and which ones are worth replacing with Powerflex?

Do powerflex sell top mounts?

I would replace the strut top mounts with the standard ones and the bearing as well if your car is quite high milleage although mine still looked ok at 75,000 miles (the top mounts didn't though they were squashed). Also I think replacing the wishbone bushes for the powerflex ones is a very good mod (but can be a pain in the ****), you don't seem to get any problems but you get more feedback about what is going on with the front of the car. I've also got the ECS dogbone bushes (all three) and the powerflex steering rack bush but I wouldn't say those are as worthwhile as the wishbone ones.

PS... I think powerflex do make strut top mounts for golfs so they might be the same.

Thanks-Where did you get the wishbone bushes from?

At the same time I may have R32 Arb's F&R fitted , I was going to just use OEM Arb bushes, is this a good idea?

RichA3Turbo on here can get pretty much any of the powerflex or ECS bushes, I'd get them from him - top serivce, however vagparts also stock all powerflex stuff. Not sure about the ARB bushes I've got standard stuff on my car, I would have thought standard R32 bushes would be fine.

Also using the Koni sport kit (shocks and springs) would it better to reuse the curent H&R springs with the new Koni shocks and flog the brand new Koni springs, or keep them matched?

Not sure about the springs - you'd hope that using the whole koni kit would work better together.

There are two bushes on each wishbone a vertical one and a horizontal one if that makes any sense. I think from that sheet it'd be one of each of the first two. Think the link below goes straight to the powerflex page with them on for the A3.

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products.asp?cat=0002&catalog=0502&submit1.x=11&submit1.y=6