Needs some info please

mattyboy199

Reaction score
For 2002 S3

1. The part number for the bee sting stub, my seal has gone & i want to replace it. I know of the repair kit but would prefer a entire new unit. I ve read that access through the rear interior light switch is the way to go. Is this a hard job ? Is it also just a case of unplaugging the old & plugging in the new ?

2. Aero wipers, need some new wipers so intend to replace with these can anyone recommned the best place to buy. I may as well replace the rear to.

Thanks

Matt

2. Go with VW polo arms and wiper front.
rear polo arm with Touran blade.

VW blade codes for front: 1j2955425a and 26a
cant the others - sorry

hope it helps

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm polo arms ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you need these for the rear Aero wiper.

Try www.vagparts.co.uk for both the front and rear Aero wipers setup, try and talk to Martyn and mention you are a forum member, might get a better deal or small discount.

HTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

1. The base of the ariel is accessed through the rear light. If you are replacing the whole lot (I did) you will need to trace the cable back abut 4 inches to find the plug. (some trim removal is required) look very closely on the plug and there is a little arrow to show you where to pull to get it apart.

The parts dept at the stealer will have no problems getting a replacement without the number. Just a thought: why not try and change it to a newer shark fin type antenna,I kind of wish I had now.

the polo ones are £10 cheaper. Are they better somehow?

the front wiper arms for the aero wipers on a S3 are from a mk4 golf arn`t they ????? sure thats what it said on mine when I got them in a GB somewhere.

my mate got some from the scrap yard 10 quid for the lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif