Armrest

s8n

Reaction score
Website
allkris.com
Guys, does your armrest lid feel lose and flimsy? and also rattle/shake on uneven roads? my dealer said he will most likely replace the entire armrest as they replaced some clips on the inside last time and its still the same...

Does yours have the cup holder`s in it?
Mine rattles but think that its not fixable!

naa its just empty...

****** annoying.. just wondering if theres a fix i can do for it to stop! Dont really wanna replace the whole armrest if its going to return again..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ur not a 'real' driver if u have an armrest fitted !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

Thats a real informative post.. Thankyou for that Ciril /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****.gif I have no problems changing gears with the armrest down, at all

yeah knew it went down further with the button in... dealer is checking out the car on modnay.. if its not fixed ill do it myself..

mine seems to be no where near the seat belt buckles.. ill have a good look at it later, annoying thing :p

Although I love using it, i always drive with my arm on it.. so relaxing

Do i have the only S3 with no problems? Maybe the Dutch version is better. (it sure is a lot more expensive ;-))

[ QUOTE ]
Ciril (A3 1.8T) said:
With S3 or A3 sport there should not be any armrest because you cannot change gear's normaly.

Look at M3 or Impreza, is there an armrest ?

My suggestion: Take it off and it will not bother you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

They fold UP for spirited driving and DOWN for boring motorways etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I've got the "empty" armrest (CD's live in the boot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ) and find it's just the right size for storing a small bottle of water and an enerygy bar, standard rations for when I get stuck on the M4/5/6 CarParks. No rattles from my arm-rest so far.

Ciril; I have no problems driving my S3 with the arm-rest down (lowest position) in either "granny" or "macrae" driving modes. Maybe you need to check your gearbox linkage or develop your left arm muscles some more? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My mate has an M3 with an arm-rest which doesn't seem to hinder him tearing up narrow country lanes either.

Scoobies don't have air-con and have some of the hardest seats known to mankind; they're built for speed not comfort /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mark.

I have not problems with my armrest no rattles at all and you can change gear with it down. Very handy for putting bits and pieces in.

I have a problem with my armrest so you're not alone!! Having said that, my problem is not one of rattling, but of collapsing to the next 'ratchet' down just when you're not expecting it to!

It's already been back to the dealer once, but I'm tempted to take my tools to it to fix it myself... (Can't be that hard...)

car is at the dealers today, so lets see what they do. I bet, they will do NOTHING as usual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hey,

I did not say that the armrest is useles, but for "sport" driving when a lot of changing gears is needed it is. I will not say anything about using rear brakes.

Regarding my remark on BMW or SUBARU the armrests are not as high as in AUDI.