What Exhaust?

Rob W8

Reaction score
Website
www.w8performance.co.uk
Hi,

Have just been to Jabbasport (well worth the trip as they found out what was wrong with my car) and they have told me the centre section of my exhaust has corroded and a clip has fallen off. I am going to bite the bullet and replace the lot from the cat back.

Who shall I use???

I have heard lots of horror stories about Milltek not fitting and knocking etc.

Has anyone used Powerflow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif (Have I just offended anyone) are they any good performance wise or is a max power type of thing.

I want to get a decent exhaust as I am planning a remap in June.

Or, shall I just get one from kwikfit and noone will be any the wiser?

Cheers

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I think those powerflow exhausts are crap. They are knocked up from generic sections and well... i think you got it right first time, they are too maxyP. For the corsa brigade IMO.

None will actually make any notable differnce to power both standard and once remapped from what i've read on here.

I liked the look and sound of my Supersprint road exhaust. The twin 90mm fit the S3 cut out on the bumper nicely. They're not cheap though... about £500 for cat back.

Remember the standard exhaust does not cause any restriction... so spending £££ on an aftermarket exhaust will only give you better looks and sound rather than extra power.

My problem is that the Audi parts are £444.68 plus fitting and powerflow quoted me about £350 all in.

I am not going to be too Maxy P as I do not want a tailpipe hanging out the back. I am going to keep it hidden as it is now.

Jetex do one, but it sits below the bumper and I think this might look a bit odd.

Milltek have had too many problems for me to be silly enough to get one.

Supersprint are nice, but pricey. Plus I will have to cut the bumper.

Maybe Kwikfit might be an option???

Will a powerflow really be that bad?

My mate had a Jetex on his A3, it sat very low and just didnt look right.

Supersprint a very good quality and worth the extra in my opinion. I will be getting one in the next couple of months.

Have you seen mine mate? Should be a post up or you can go on the website and have a look, also a vid of mine is there.

i actually work part of the team now, doing all the webwork etc. www.mijperformance.com

Not like powerflow, independantly based, custom built. Pop a quote in and i'll find out tommorow what it'll cost you, also i'll forward images of mine to your email addy.

Maz.

Cheers Revdup,

Got the email and it is a good price. Only issue will be the travel really.

Have spoken to Jabba again today and they can do me a deal when I go up for my remap in June. Am a bit concerned about performance of custom systems as I have been told they dont always offer the right back pressure for the engine etc.

How far from Bromsgrove are you revdup?

Cheers

Rob

MIJ based in walsall, also why not use the AA route plan or using the post-code.

In regards to performance, i will tell you that im certainly pleased with mine and jojo of the forum has had a visual and listen of it.

Also DGannon of the forum has had a backbox from us, he's pretty happy. I guarantee you'll be pleased. Also tell me what exactly are you after?

A quite system setup like mine. Just whooshes when turbo comes in.??

Maz.

As Mat has said i'm very happy with the exhaust and it sounds perfect! not loud at all which is what i asked for. the only trouble is i'm waiting on your S3 back bumper MAT to cover up the bottom of the oval box!! :p

Regards
Dave

Hi Revdup,

Sorry, realised it was a bit of a lazy question to ask. I reckon you have twisted my arm, will drop an email or call to try and book in. I am coming from Kent, but my mate lives in Bromsgrove so will sort it when I am there.

Cheers again, see you in the near future.

Rob

[ QUOTE ]
As Mat has said i'm very happy with the exhaust and it sounds perfect! not loud at all which is what i asked for. the only trouble is i'm waiting on your S3 back bumper MAT to cover up the bottom of the oval box!! :p

Regards
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Urm.... Dave it's Maz not Mat. Whats wrong with you! Strange... I thought you were my friend? You dont even know my name.

Maz.

Haha mate i'm more than a friend...
;-) haha. I've always called you Mat because thats what i thought they were calling you at MIJ. sorry mate.

Dave!

[ QUOTE ]

Nice one for all your help Revdup

[/ QUOTE ]

Call him MAZ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Some images of tailpipes:

Twins without insert
twinround-slash.jpg

Twins with insert:
twinround-slashinsert.jpg

We can use these or if you would still like to keep the exhaust hidden, not a problem... we'll have a chat on the day. S3 look??

We'll do all the modifications to the bumper to suit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nice one! Looking forward to it now. Wife is a bit fed up with me going on about the car now. Have finally broken her!!! Getting the exhaust and the remap from Jabba.

My advice is to keep at it and the wife will eventually cave in. I am sure the Mortgage company will understand how important it is to have a quicker car!

See you Saturday Maz!

Thats good to hear rob,

As for the wife... Dont even mention it, women never understand the beauty in cars!

See you Saturday!

I'll be doing photo's and vids for our website and will post them on here for other members to view. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif