Thanks AmD

TanyaS3

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to AmD and Adam for sorting out my warped brake discs.

My old discs were re-placed with new ones and the car is now enjoyable to drive again.

Tanya

[ QUOTE ]

My old discs were re-placed with new ones and the car is now enjoyable to drive again.

Tanya

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear it, why they didnt do that in the first place god only knows..
Did you keep the pressure on em for them to change em?

[ QUOTE ]

Tanya

[/ QUOTE ]
Weren't you slating AmD a few weeks ago? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yep I was, but they now helped me resolve my issue.

So the moral of the story is - go back and complain prior to flaming a company on a forum!

Not sure what you saying as I did go back to them before talking on the forum!!

yes, cuz didnt they tell u it was something else, which didnt solve the problem in the 1st place?

[ QUOTE ]
So the moral of the story is - go back and complain prior to flaming a company on a forum!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, if we can recommend companies on forums, why can't we criticise too?

I've heard a lot of people that were'nt completely happy with the way they were treated by AMD. IMO their UK No.1 tag (er, probably) has gone to their heads and as they are full 90% of the time don't have to try as hard to get new custom.

You never know, they might have helped Tanya, as they saw her original post on the forum??
It's only fair to give all experiences if they're going on a consumer forum like this one. Again, IMO.
The only worry is that personal feelings etc. start causing trouble.

Yea I bought discs from them. I got brake judder and arranged to go up there a while back. I was told it was wishbone arms. I bought these there and it turned out the judder still was there.
I called AmD about this but got no call back.

AmD recently had me back up there and took the car out. They then put new discs on the car and the problem was fixed. So turned out it was the discs.

So now resolved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and my car is nice to drive again.

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I bought discs from them. I got brake judder and arranged to go up there a while back. I was told it was wishbone arms. I bought these there and it turned out the judder still was there.

AmD recently had me back up there and took the car out. They then put new discs on the car and the problem was fixed. So turned out it was the discs.

So now resolved /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and my car is nice to drive again.

[/ QUOTE ]
You called and they never called back... so you decided to flame them!

Did you not think they were maybe busy, or that the message was mistakenly not passed on?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not think they were maybe busy, or that the message was mistakenly not passed on?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you call them several times and you dont hear anything back yes i have every right.
There are only so many times you can chase a company.

If you were in my shoes at that time im sure you would understand but you weren't.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry mate, but i think you're wrong.
Tanya originally said "I tried a few times and still never got a call back. So as you can imagine Im not impressed with the service I received from them when I had heard they were good."
There was nothing personal in the original "flame" and I feel was entirely justified to tell all her experiences with AMD. Especially after going after recomendations on here.
A lot of people on here seem to be a bit biassed towards AMD, i've actually spoken to more people that were not entirely happy with AMD than were (though I found them, well, Ed fine).

Do you work for AMD?
Just wondering why go on the offensive?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I agree with what rob said (well most of it) I think Tanya had every right to say what she did in her original post, I found it a pain getting through to people at AmD on the phone even when Ed was there - wasn't so bad after I got someone's mobile number though and has been better of late to be honest (when I've tried).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry mate, but i think you're wrong.
Tanya originally said "I tried a few times and still never got a call back. So as you can imagine Im not impressed with the service I received from them when I had heard they were good."
There was nothing personal in the original "flame" and I feel was entirely justified to tell all her experiences with AMD. Especially after going after recomendations on here.
A lot of people on here seem to be a bit biassed towards AMD, i've actually spoken to more people that were not entirely happy with AMD than were (though I found them, well, Ed fine).

Do you work for AMD?
Just wondering why go on the offensive?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I work for AmD? Hardly seeing as I live in Aberdeen!

Are you grooming Tanya?
Just wondering cos you like defending her! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are you grooming Tanya?
Just wondering cos you like defending her! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are rather out of order mate. It seems to be your personal mission to bum amd. I Do not see why someone cannot freely post there experiences of a company. Things have to be said otherwise service does not improve. It seems rather childish making remarks like the one above.

As Tanya said, she was not initially helped with the problem after it was incorrectly diagnosed and she was sold parts she did not require.

After she posted the original thread AMD went out of there way to help her resolve the issue. Once it was diagnosed to be the disks causing the issue AMD held there hands up and admitted they were at fault for the incorrect diagnosis of the problem.

Tanya was only thanking them for the help they have given her of recent as she is very pleased that the car is now much safer !!! and better to drive. which I think is a nice gesture.

Sam

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to be your personal mission to bum amd.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It seems rather childish making remarks like the one above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather contradictory 'cheeseman'

one more question , did you get a refund for the wishbone arms (miss-diagnosis)? or did they need replacing too?

No I couldnt get a refund on the wishbone arms. I tried /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
We came to a deal for rear discs and fitting as I need these and couldnt get my money back.