EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Some SMG thoughts after 2 months...

Haven't they got your new engine sorted out yet? What's their latest excuse?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Originally posted by hd:
    I lost my job,

Currently at the dealer, yet again.

My car has been at BMW for over 7 weeks. Just heard its gonna be here another 2 weeks.

I've only had it 7 months.

I hate M3's

I hate BMW dealers

I hate so called M3 enthusiasts who think themselves, especially Australian ones.

I've decided to sell both BMW's.

I may stick to keeping the E60 M5 when it arrives, but as far as the M3 goes now, I wouldn't touch another one with a barge pole, let alone a second hand one.

They're crap cars. I wish i never bothered.

Finito,
    <font size="2" face="verdana,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think this all comes down to you not being able to use the SMG properly or the fact you are a twat

Reverse Gear

Status

Originally posted by hd:
    I lost my job,

Currently at the dealer, yet again.

My car has been at BMW for over 7 weeks. Just heard its gonna be here another 2 weeks.

I've only had it 7 months.

I hate M3's

I hate BMW dealers

I hate so called M3 enthusiasts who think themselves, especially Australian ones.

I've decided to sell both BMW's.

I may stick to keeping the E60 M5 when it arrives, but as far as the M3 goes now, I wouldn't touch another one with a barge pole, let alone a second hand one.

They're crap cars. I wish i never bothered.

Finito,
    <font size="2" face="verdana,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but apart from that... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

A4Steve

Quote" Yeah but apart from that..."

...I am sure he looks good in drag. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ 26 September 2002, 19:09: Message changed or edited by: TheCreator ]

Neutral

Status

hd why have you reacted like this? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

You have come across as a total prat [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Also - i would put my familys life on jjr1 kicking your arse on both the track and in the ring - he is twice your size and i guarantee a better driver [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

!

[ 03 October 2002, 18:29: Message changed or edited by: hd ]

Reverse Gear

Status

Originally posted by Tooney:
    i would put my familys life on jjr1 kicking your arse on both the track and in the ring - he is twice your size and i guarantee a better driver [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">How sad are you? Slurp slurp slurp!

You'd give up your family over a race?

Happily married are we?

And I thought I was an immature M3 owner!

Neutral

Status

This is fantastic "boring Tuesday" afternoon entertainment.

Keep up the good work chaps

[img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/finger.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

"i'll race anyone, i'll fight anyone and i'll shag any of your mothers................... "

.........and then the men in white coats will come and take you away. You have clearly lost the plot pal [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

And no I'm not a brown noser, I just think you may have gone a bit too far [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

Xenon Headlights

Hi,

Recently acquired a Negaro Blue S3 (2001) with all the trimmings (incl Sat-Nav) and it is the canine's plums.....what fun to drive, I am continually thinking of excuses to drive it, to the extent that given the current public transport chaos, I drove into work in London today.

Anyhow, my problem is this.... I noticed last night that one of the headlamps appears to cast it's beam quite a bit lower on the road than the other. I beleive the Xenon's are self levelling and as such, why would one headlight be completely differently set to the other. Is this a matter of a simple adjustment, or is it according to those "in the know" at the local Audi dealership as case of having to replace the entire headlamp assembly as the self levelling motor has given up the ghost ?

6th Gear

Status

Re: Xenon Headlights

The beams can just go wonky sometimes. Happened to me after a few months and the car was brand new.

I took my car to the dealer, they attached the diagnostic equipment and adjusted it. Not sure how they did it though.

I think there is a way of manually adjusting it - I'm sure someone will post how. Might be worth doing a search on here actually.

AL

Neutral

Status

Got the same problem, drivers beam shines about 4ft in fron of the car - Usefull!

Trip to the Stealers I think... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

Mine were pointing way too low. Took it to the dealers and they adjusted them back up to a more acceptable level using their VAG COM. He did mention that he'd never seen a car with the main lights pointing so low. Oh well !!
    Looks like they are pointing a bit low again now. Have to mention it to the dealer next time.

Neutral

Status

Anyobne know how to make adjustments with a vag-com??. Got one and it would save me a trip to the stealers and a day without the car. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Status

It's a traffic calming feature for those of you mad S3 owners driving too aggressively. It lowers the beam so you can't see where you're going at night and have to slow down. When you've met the required amount of "driving like yer nan" hours they will come back up again.

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    think there is a way of manually adjusting it - I'm sure someone will post how

[/ QUOTE ]

Al, your not supposed to do it maually even tho it is possible to use a phillips screwdriver. Got told off by my dealer last year as it can apparently bugger up the leveling gear, just remember thay are 450 a go [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].

Graham

5th Gear

Status

correct.

they are set (horizontal and vertical) cut off, hotspots, along with loads of other specifications and legal regulations. This also relates to the motor that is fitted.

this then allows it to travel + or - from its "home" position.

You wont wreck a headlight fiddling with it, but you will loose its home in relation to the motor, and easily make it illegal.

Get Audi to look at it.

It could be a controller or sensor throwing up the wrong command signal and sending low.

6th Gear

Status

haha, thanks for popping by and telling us that Graham. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

I can remember when my light skyward, and you said "hey, you can adjust it yourself". Luckily, I didn't and went to the dealer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

AL

1st Gear

Status
    By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hole in the Wall not the International one!)

To Low or what!![img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img] Mine were for spotting worm holes at ten feet! Lindbrook Audi in Tonbridge sorted it out on my service. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] Now I can see where I'm going..............makes you drive faster a night though!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Just curious did anybody see how its actually done?
    I`ve seen it and basically they plug the VAG computer in get a special bored with all the adjustments marked out and park the car so many meters away from the board.
    Reset the geometry and adjust them inline with the board...... mine have only lost their settings once so far and i actually didnt think there was anything was wrong until all other oncoming drivers kept flashing me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

I live in Portugal and i have the same problem the main agents just keep fitting new parts and it is costing! can some one give me some more info so that i may pass it on. thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status
    By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hole in the Wall not the International one!)

Cheers Hopsta, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
    That would be great to help all concerned!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img] Well Done. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

6th Gear

Status

Think its just happened to mine!

The drivers side headlight is much lower on the road compared to the near side one. But sometimes it is ok and level with the nearside, if there was a fault with the auto level system then why wouldn't this show up on the computer on the dashboard as it checks the auto leveling system on startup?

3rd Gear

Status

Mine are doing this again. Bizarrely if you switch them off/on repeatedly it returns to normal.

Time to call the dealer.

1st Gear

Status

Sometimes this happens to my car - also my right headlight sometimes fails and I get a warning on the DIS - maybe time to get this checked out myself. hmm.

1st Gear

Status

Hi

My S3 lights seem to be really low to the ground 2. Im note sure what 2 do as audis will charge me? Do u need special machine 2 lift them back to correct level as xenons?

tanya [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

3rd Gear

Status

Mine went and I took it to the dealer - took them less than 5 minutes and there was no charge for it.. - but I may have just been lucky...?

1st Gear

Status

hmm maybe ill give them a call and ask if they can check them 4 me then [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

I think the dealers get a bit twitchy on the lights cos the designers made them non owner serviceable as they changed my bulbs for free and set them up. Bit stupid that u cant even change your own bulbs tho innit?