0-60 what revs on pull off?

dgannon69

Reaction score
i had a frew attempts at doing 0-60 tonight with my mate timing me in the car.

i had 3 attempts,

the 1st was from 2000rpm on boost and it span a little and gripped at about 3500rpm - took 7.35 secs

2nd attempt was from slightly higher revs at 3000rpm and it span but gripped pretty quick and away we went - 7.20 secs

3rd attempt was from around 1500rpm with no spin - 7.02 secs.

any ideas on the best way for pulling off and if these times are any good?

The car is a front wheel drive with 195bhp... all attempts were with traction off...

Dave

They seem a bit slow. Before ym remap I got 7.20 secs twice in a row and a 7.26 after that. Each time starting at 3000rpm and easing the clutch up until the tires bit. Traction control was on.

I don't think they're slow, 7 seconds sounds very good for a remapped 1.8T.

I did the same thing in my S3 a few weeks ago, got just under 6 seconds with my 260BHP and 4wd, so 7 seconds with 195BHP and fwd seems pretty good.

Dicky S3 yeh i will be careful as from what i've read on here they are expensive!!

Leave, how do u better specification times for 0-60 because they are around 8 seconds aren't they?

Audi are always a bit over the mark with their performance figures, 8.2 they quote for our car. I don't have a spare wheel in my car, either so there's about another 20kg shaved off the final weight.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a spare wheel in my car, either so there's about another 20kg shaved off the final weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's illegal - or do you mean you have a space saver wheel instead?

It's not illegal to not have a spare wheel, but if you do have one it must be road legal.

its not illegal, my brothers car didnt even come with a spare (54 reg smart roadstercoupe)

Yep...

Of course the "sporty" TT also comes from the factory without a spare; you're just issued an aerosol of prayers and an Audi Roadside card. That was one of the measures they took to reduce weight...

Regards,

Rob.

I think it is illegal for a garage to sell a car without a spare if it should have one, but I do not think it is illegal to drive around without a spare. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Of course it's not illegal. What about when you have to use your spare? You won't have a spare for your spare, so does that mean that you're breaking the law?

Done launch control at around 6000rpm, only because I had a Honda Civic Type R behind me at traffic lights - never again though!

[ QUOTE ]
Done launch control at around 6000rpm, only because I had a Honda Civic Type R behind me at traffic lights - never again though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch!!!

So how did you get on with the Type R?

I shot off; Type R couldn’t keep up because it didn’t have traction because of front wheel drive. However, as soon as the VTec kicks in, Type R gracefully catches up.