What tyres for track days...

I

imported_Stewart

Well, I finally decided on a Dark Grey Pearl metallic for the refurb of my 18" MTM reps..

The next decision is what tyres to shoe them in?!?

I've had Pirelli P-Zero Nero's, long lasting and noisy but crap.
Toyo Proxes, umm ok
Eagle GSD 3's, noisy in dry and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif in the wet
Pilot Sports - still got 2.5mm left after 17k miles and generally ok all round - quite impressed actually although squealed like a stuck pig last May at the ring..

Kumho track day tyres (forget the model but crap in the wet) and i mean REALLY crap in the wet but very good in the dry once they were warmed up...

What are your experiences for track day tyres but also bearing in mind that these will also be my every day driving tyres...

Thanks in advance guys!

I'd just go for cheap ones if you're really going for track abuse... so probably the toyos.

You've obviousily got different F1s to me because mine wipe the floor in every area with any of the other tyres I've tried especially in the wet.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just go for cheap ones if you're really going for track abuse... so probably the toyos.

You've obviousily got different F1s to me because mine wipe the floor in every area with any of the other tyres I've tried especially in the wet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ones have you got m8?

I've tried five sets on my S3 - and for the last two have settled on Toyo T1-S proxies - basically because I think they are a good all rounder - tested on track too and no complaints. Previous to Toyos I had Yokohoma AVS Sport which were pretty good

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Parada Spec-2 for sure. I've used toyos for a few years now, but these are another league!

toyo proxies are sticky but very soft i had two on the front tear on dual carriage way i would never trust them on a track after that

might be safer with michelin or good year i like there wear character on street don't know about track , i've used michelins on sprint circuit with FWD car and i managed to wear them to scrap on the outside edge

having said all this i don't have much track experience but i thought i'd ad what i'd experienced..