painted Avus

I

imported_glen_jai

Has anyone had their Avus wheels refinished a darker colour?
Thinking of having mine repainted to a more Athracite colour, but would really benefit from seeing some pictures of anyone who's had it done before.

Cheers

Wouldn't that end up looking the same as when you don't wash your car for a while and the wheels are covered in brake dust?

Not done it on the AVUS wheels, but ave done it on RS4's. I really like them, on my black car i think it looks cool. And something a bit different to everyone else.

PICT0034-01.jpg

maybe someone could do a photoshop for you?

i also thought about this would look with any colour i think.

Well, it's either painted Avus wheels or I'm going to go for a set of sportec monos.
Rob, where's the picture again?

Weird. I probably need my eyes tested.
I can't see no picture dude. Maybe it's my browser.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have the center caps done as well? Been thinking about that colour for my winter wheels (RS4s).

[/ QUOTE ]

The center discs were just glued on to the center caps (make any sense?), so they got taken off and re-glued after the rest of it was painted. Only problem is these had been chipped a bit, which was suddenly noticable (though, only if you were looking).

Mine with grey centred wheels:

57511068-bc11-02000180-.jpg

They were a steel grey finish...a bit lighter than anthracite....Ok they've got a bright silver rim...but you get the idea.

Oooh yeah, Rob now that I can see your pics. Those wheels look dead sexy.

Glen, yours mean looking too, though probably a pig to clean when you had it.

[ QUOTE ]
Heres a couple of pics I have found

media.jpg

media1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

that looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

I think the problem is there's no contract between the colour of the wheels and the colour of the car. I think a brighter body colour would have gone well with the black wheels.

Yellow with black wheels would look lush.

When the cars moving it would look like someones stolen your hubcaps! I think with black wheels the lip should be kept silver.

[ QUOTE ]
Who's car is that? has a similar exhaust to mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea, I found the car for sale on autotrader