DV replacement

hamski

Reaction score
I haven't got a clue what DV is on my car. It's not an original Audi one (has splines all round the body). If I'm changing it, do I need to do anything else (remap etc)?

Why are you changing it? If its knacked you can get service kits for them

Didn't realise that. I really need to stick a replacement in. Had a noise which I thought was the wastegate. Turned out that it's fine, so next to check is the DV I believe. I'll speak to QST first who would have supplied it.

Why not try fitting a standard one for all that they cost

What's the score if it's not up to the job? Is there anything bad that could happen?

Get a Replacement Bosch OEM one from a dealer they are around £20 and stick that on.

A DV functions in a similar way to a dump valve except instead of dumping the boost gas e.g. on a gear change it re diverts it back into the charge pipe and therefore is meant to help re-establish the boost pressure quicker after said gear change.

It could be potentially harmful if the piston siezes and no excess boost pressure is able to escape but it is unlikely that it could fail in that way. Most commonly they fail by rupturing the seals in which case they have a delayed action or dump too much or dont divert back to the start of the loop. Get an OEM and see if the noise goes and if it lasts great! Buy a spare and keep it in the dashboard takes 10 mins to swap.

Surely someone lived close by that can help you with this, where are you from?

Live in Somerset, work in Bristol. Thanks for all your help. I'll see if I can pick one up on the way home

Spoke to Bristol Audi. Parts guy didn't know what a diverter valve was!!! He reckons I need a pressure valve???

Don't get a standard one, the Big Turbo may have relocated the DV etc. Speak to QST from my brief chat with them they'll be very helpful over the phone if you can get through to them.

If it was a standard car I'd say just fit a bosch OEM one - the part number is 06A 145 710N but like I said it's not a standard car so we shouldn't be suggesting that IMO!

Spoke to Kim @ QST. he reckons it won't be the DV, but obviously wants me to take the car in. It's a load of hassle, as I'm in Somerset and he's in Haywards Heath!!

sounds like a hyperboost as mentioned.

ie aftermarket DV.

and if it is then its serviciable if you get the kit.

[ QUOTE ]
Spoke to Kim @ QST. he reckons it won't be the DV, but obviously wants me to take the car in. It's a load of hassle, as I'm in Somerset and he's in Haywards Heath!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's a pain but I bet he'll get it sorted straight away if you do take it back and I'd have thought it'd be worth the piece of mind taking it over there?

MTM 330 and you're not sure what the DV does!

Sounds like you have more money than sense!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bought the car already modded. My mechanical knowledge is admittedly poor, but surely that's what these forums teach!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bought the car already modded. My mechanical knowledge is admittedly poor, but surely that's what these forums teach!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Apologies... you obviously have money and sense... i.e. buying a car which has already been modded! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

like a rasping on acceleration. Between about 3500 and 4500 rpm only on acceleration. It's intermittent, but I hear it prob 90% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't get a standard one, the Big Turbo may have relocated the DV etc. Speak to QST from my brief chat with them they'll be very helpful over the phone if you can get through to them.

If it was a standard car I'd say just fit a bosch OEM one - the part number is 06A 145 710N but like I said it's not a standard car so we shouldn't be suggesting that IMO!

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter if its modified or the DV has been relocated. If a Hyperboost DV fits then so will a standard one and fitting one as a temp will show if the symptom goes away or not.

For the sake of £20 its better than farting on going to QST and having your eyes ripped out.