Service indicator...

dgannon69

Reaction score
at the beginning of the week, probably 200 miles ago my service indicator came up warning me i had 1700miles until my nexty service...

200 miles later its now on 1200miles... i've not been driving hard so any ideas why its gone down so quickly?

Dave

I was under the impression its based on how you drive, i.e short journeys will make it go down quicker, long motorway drives will be a slow drop etc.
That may accunt for the rapid change.

on AVS the service countdown will suddenly drop a large figure for no apparent reason. i take it you know it isn't a 1:1 countdown i.e. just because you've done 200miles doesn't mean the AVS will countdown 200miles as well. Sometimes it doesn't move for ages then only drops much less than you've actually donw and sometimes it races down!

I had that just before my last service, it said I had 1500miles left did a journey of 70miles on the motorway (my normal driving is round town), so I thought this should do it good and then after the trip it said I had 900 miles left.

i remember when mine said 1500 miles, it took 3 months and well over 1500 miles before it said SERVICE!.

mines recently changed to..... service!.......
by just starting it up on a morning
last display remember seeing was 200