APR direct port tuning

RSAudi

Reaction score
Hi all

For those of you who like me are considering APR's direct port tuning, you may be interested in this response I just got from enquiring about when it will be available in England.

" I do not have an estimated date for the availability of DPP in Europe. We are working to provide this method of tuning to our US dealers as we speak. It will then roll out in Europe. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance. Thanks. "

Looks like a long wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

It was supposed to be in Star Performance this week (well, last week was the initial estimate) but the proprietor has not yet contacted me to take my money and give me more power.

I cannot comment for you southeners, but I am optimistic (fool!) that it'll be about very soon.

APR say that it is not even out in America yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My guess would be at least a month before we can get it here as they have to send all kit over AND train people up on it.

Funny that, given that APR serial ported in excess of 80 cars at an american car show very recently.

Last I heard (from the owner of the local APR franchise), the kindly folk at UPS were shipping the gear across to Scotland and I await it's imminent arrival.

I don't imagine that a reputable tuner (who has full knowledge of current surface mount APR products) requires much in the way of training to plug in a laptop and double click a mouse. The old APR chips had a flash port built in to them so they could be easily flased in situ by a laptop, and the serial port does away with the need for spanners and bruised knuckles (at least on the S3, hopefully the S4 too)

OK David

The quote I posted came from APR in America from a guy claiming to be a

"Customer/Distribution/Technical Consultant
Audi Performance and Racing"

The following quote taken directly from his email suggested to me that it is not available from tuners in Amercia yet - from the horses mouth!!

"We are working to provide this method of tuning to our US dealers as we speak."

I suspect car shows are different to supplying hundreds (thousands??) of tuning shops around US.

I posted the contents of the email to let others know the situation as stated by APR. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Rob_A3 said:
"Customer/Distribution/Technical Consultant
Audi Performance and Racing"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe, the guy has so much difficulty remembering which department he works in he's bound to get confused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I shall put your info to my local money drain and see what he says in the morning, and if I have more useful info for us UK folk then I'll post it here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Right, update on this following phone call to Jim today. Star Performance now have the ability to chip tune the S3s and a few other 1.8Ts via serial port. They are waiting for code to chip the s4 (booo hisss!) and some Ibizas, but otherwise, game on!

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Lol - what was his name ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy Auvil (Awful???) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Spoke to local APR tuner Stealth Racing and they still have no firm date nor kit to do serial port stuff from APR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ive spoke to Stealth (got same answer as above) and also to APR USA

"Paul, Thanks for contacting us with your questions. Our European dealers will have access to DPP in the next few weeks. In fact we have recently sent out their info packets. Please keep in touch with your nearest dealer for further info. The cost will be the same as current chip options. I hope this helps. Thanks. Jeremy"

same power/price structure as EMCS