Squeak...

TQS

Reaction score
... like a mouse!

OK - when i'm travelling at a low speed (less than 10mph) i can hear a high pitched squeak like i'm driving over a mouse with every rotation of the wheel... kind of like an eek... eek... eek... eek...!

I've had this for a few months and now it's getting on my /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Is this common? Anybody got any ideas what it could be? It sounds like it's coming from one (i think) of the rear wheels...

Cheers

rear caliper binding?

what happens if you jack it up and rotate each of the rear wheels by hand, can you feel any resistance at any point?

can't jack the car at the moment as i had an operation recently and can't do any lifting or anything like that...

I don't think it's antiroll bar either as i had that done last year so i know the symptoms which mainly occurred when i drove over a bump.

This squeak is really high pitched and happens all the time - even when i drive on smooth tarmac so i think that rules out the antiroll bar no?

I don't really want to go to the stealers just yet until i have a good idea of what it may be

I had the same noise coming from the front wheel (drivers side). If I opened the window and drove close to a wall I got the eek eek eek.

My local stealer first claimed I was hearing things and there was no noise. On third opinion they told me my wheel bearing was gone. I decided to live with it due to funds at the time, and now it's completely gone!

Mouse trapped in the alloy wheel....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mouse trapped in the alloy wheel....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fekker had babies and they crawled into my bushes!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

brake shield bent / binding (thats if the S3 has them havnt looked in a while)