facelift

Khufu

Reaction score
anybody fancy a facelift for their 8L model?

large3.jpg

close but no coconut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

this too:

rda3oldfrontsingleframe.jpg

The top one is hideous, but I quite like the 8P-looking front bumper!

There's another on ebay; but the only image on the ad looks quite obviously photochopped which is a little dodgy imho...

I think the best SFG-type front-end available for 8L is the one from Rieger which is due to start shipping any time - it accepts OEM grilles and fogs and it has some beasty RS4-style vents on it.

I think it'd be pretty good if it could be done properly (but I am a fan of the SFG), but I think that the almost square leading edge of the bonnet looks a bit strange over the SFG (Rieger know it too as there ad-shots have headlight eyebrows but they don't help). I guess if you were nuts enough and wanted to pull the look off you could trim the corners of the bonnet and smooth the bits you cut-off into the wings so the line was a bit more in keeping with the line of the bonnet on anything else with SFG. Whether it could be done to a good standard or not is a totally different story though.

Like I say, I thought it'd be nice to put the SFG on an 8L A3 if it could be done to a really good standard; looking OEM (I guess there are some people who think the SFG doesn't look good even in that form though); but I guess there'd be a LOT of work involved in doing that; and there's too much risk of it standing out of the crowd for the wrong reasons.

The Rieger one is pretty good for 'off-the-peg' but it leaves a lot of work to be done imho if you wanted it to look right...

rieger8l-8p.jpg

Regards,

Rob.

they look cack REALLY cack... the green one is ok but why would anyone do this?

think im going to be sick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif how could anyone want to do that to your own car