Chris NottMonster Motorsport

Thread: facelift

6th Gear

Status

facelift

anybody fancy a facelift for their 8L model?

close but no coconut [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

this too:

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: facelift

The top one is hideous, but I quite like the 8P-looking front bumper!

Administrator

Status

There's another on ebay; but the only image on the ad looks quite obviously photochopped which is a little dodgy imho...

I think the best SFG-type front-end available for 8L is the one from Rieger which is due to start shipping any time - it accepts OEM grilles and fogs and it has some beasty RS4-style vents on it.

I think it'd be pretty good if it could be done properly (but I am a fan of the SFG), but I think that the almost square leading edge of the bonnet looks a bit strange over the SFG (Rieger know it too as there ad-shots have headlight eyebrows but they don't help). I guess if you were nuts enough and wanted to pull the look off you could trim the corners of the bonnet and smooth the bits you cut-off into the wings so the line was a bit more in keeping with the line of the bonnet on anything else with SFG. Whether it could be done to a good standard or not is a totally different story though.

Like I say, I thought it'd be nice to put the SFG on an 8L A3 if it could be done to a really good standard; looking OEM (I guess there are some people who think the SFG doesn't look good even in that form though); but I guess there'd be a LOT of work involved in doing that; and there's too much risk of it standing out of the crowd for the wrong reasons.

The Rieger one is pretty good for 'off-the-peg' but it leaves a lot of work to be done imho if you wanted it to look right...

Regards,

Rob.

Big Ron

Status

they look cack REALLY cack... the green one is ok but why would anyone do this?

imported_c13ush

think im going to be sick [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] how could anyone want to do that to your own car