Pics of my New RS4 rims fitted! :)

amoani

Reaction score
Just a quick update, ordered some 19" new style RS4 alloys from wheelbase, i got them a few days ago but only managed to take some pics today. Tell me what you think:

This was the photoshop that i did previous to purchasing them:
rs4shadedaudisport5zw.jpg

This is the wheels actually on the car:
rs4frontangle3uk.jpg

rs4frontflat8pg.jpg

rs4frontfar2xq.jpg

rs4rearflat7jp.jpg

They look like Honda Civic Type R wheels!

look good, not the best wheels for the A3 but not bad by an means.

always good to be different.

imo the new rs4 wheels, as a general rule ,don`t fully compliment the shape of the older models.

[ QUOTE ]
imo the new rs4 wheels, as a general rule ,don`t fully compliment the shape of the older models.

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree with you. They dont look quite right... the new RS4 I think would look better on the A3 8P rather the the A3 8L.

Thanks for the comments all. I really like them and feel that the pictures dont really do them justice. I know that the A3/S3 is quite a difficult car to pick wheels that really suit it, but didnt really want to go the safe route by getting RS6/S8/Old RS4 wheels. I had only really seen them on a couple of other A3/S3's so thought i would be a bit different. Cheers again.

Aaron

I have them too but mines look different as they are much more dished like the originals and have a chrome-ish paint finish (similar to the photoshop pic) that goes great with the silver mirrors. The 8L A3/S3 is a car that doesn't suit a lot of alloy styles but I think these look great as the spokes are right on the edge of the rim and not dished very very few dished wheels I like anyway). I put my old Avus wheels on the wifes new Beetle and they look fab too, If I get a chance I'll take a couple of photos for comparison

they look really flat in comparison to the photoshop and some of the other reps iv seen.. I agree with yaseen though those wheels on te 8P look stunning... on the 8L they look so-so

look nice,check these beauties
Picture174.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Picture174.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Real PIMP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Picture174.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Real PIMP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Spinners rule.

I hope Audi finally get their act together and fit these as standard to the new S3..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you look at the top photo comapred to the rest, that blue hue doesnt do any justice to the quality of the shots, and having the Big Reds behind the alloys seem to make a difference too..
IMO i think like others haave said, probably suit the newwer shapes better, amybe cuz our older models are more corved dunno?? But amoani they look good to me..

I think they look good, a lot of people have gone for the old style RS4 wheels on and whilst they look good, there a bit too common now IMO.

On a slightly scarier topic, I actually saw some of those cr@ppy spinner wheels on a old punto over the weekend, the best bit what that one of them had shattered so it just hung down and didn't spin at all - even when the car was moving.

Does this look any better

rs4frontangle3ukAAcopy.jpg

Just tried to add a bit more colour into the shot

I really like these alloys and I think the latest pic does them justice and the car looks great.

It's nice to see someone trying something different and as long as your chuffed with them I don't think it matters.

[ QUOTE ]
It's nice to see someone trying something different and as long as your chuffed with them I don't think it matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just it mate, i really do like them and am really glad i tried something different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On a slightly different note, I was originally gonna keep it standard height but i think i am gonna lower it just to give it a slightly better stance. Waht do you think?

The reason the photos have got a blue tint to them is that i had the wrong camera setting on when i took the photos. When i wash the car again and the sun is out i will get some better shots. Again thanks for the comments.

Aaron

PS. lovin those spinners, almost went for them but changed my mind at the last minute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Looks much better without the blue haze! Think I prefer them in 19's to the RSTT's in 19's, but I think I prefer the RSTT's in 18's to the new RS4 reps in 18's. If that makes any sense??

Lower it and chuck on some spacers and it'll look even better.

I have a full set of 16mm spacers, complete with longer wheel bolts and locking bolts for sale!