Concert 2 Head Unit?

• Thread starter imported_spuddie007
  • Start date
I

imported_spuddie007

Hi All

Would this fit in the same slot as the original Concert unit that's in my S3?

Cheers
Spuddie

Ebay Linky

Blimey there's some people getting really irrate on the Q&A. What's wrong with nicking someone elses description anyway if it's accurate? They should be flattered.
In answer to your question I doubt it, as the fascia is slightly different between A4 and A3/TT. You need to look out for one that's from an A3/S3 or TT I'm afraid.

should fit but what year a3 because they change the facia size in the car they make two diffent bracket to fit the car for after market radio i.e sony, kenwood, alpine etc. one is two little bits that screw in and a clip goes over that they sterio for that is a long rectangle, the other one you use a skoda panle this unit has slightly slanted sides you can see just by looking. hope this helps to weather it fits and you need to check the connection on the back.

Concert 2 is the same dimensions as the Concert, so am I right in thinking that I can use a Concert 2 in my A3 (2000 pre-facelift) i.e. plug in all the exisiting leads no problem AND plug in the BUS lead adapter for my CD changer in the back?

It's the same dimensions but the oversized fascia is slightly different on HU's for different models. A3 & TT are compatible but not A4 upwards.
All the connections are identical across the range.

Cool makes sense, I'll keep an eye out for the TT/A3 version.

Thanks All

Spuddie