a productive day sorting out an uncomfortable drivers set!

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
noticed several weeks back that it like a blunt nail was pressing into my back, half way up the back rest! thought that the cushion/padding had worn down so ordered a new one yesterday from volksrange up in teeside. Anyhoo took the seat out this afternoon, pulled off the upholstery cover and found out that one of the metal rods which attaches the upholstery to the padding via ringlets, had pulled out of the foam and no longer sitting in the recess.

all sorted now - just a real pain uncrimping about 20 ringlets and then having to refit and recrimp them, to detach/re-attach the upholstery cover!!!!

all in all it was much eaiser than I thought (thanks to my dad's help!) and only cost £20 for a new cushion.

thanks for posting that the back support on my drivers is clicking out of place and back again everytime theres weight on it , i'm not sure how the seats built in side it might be related to the electric lumbar support. might be an easy fix though?

not sure if it is related to the lumber support as mine hasn't got it fitted.

Sounds like some of the metal rods may have pulled out of the foam like on mine and are catching against each other.

Have you gone access to ElsaWin as it's really hard to explain how to dismantle the seat without the aid of pictures!

no problem i have bentleys for the car , thanks for your thoughts since you've done it